10.20.2010

This and That

Rain rain go away......I'm a Cali girl so when it rains I don't like it one bit.  And it was raining really hard last night.  I could hear it beating down on the window.  I hate the traffic jams.  I hate getting wet and having my pants stick to my legs and the itchy feeling I get when that happens.  I can't complain too much because it doesn't happen that often so when it does we really need it and I just have to get over it.  But I will absolutely complain and moan and whine and anything else I feel like doing if it rains next week while we are in Hawaii. I've been checking the forecast obsessively regularly every day and it's not looking too good.  As of now it looks like it might rain a couple days while we are there. Boo!  But no matter what we'll make the best of it.  I haven't started packing yet but I need to get on that so I don't stress myself out.  By the time we get back Holiday mode will be in full swing.  Christmas is basically around the corner.  I love Christmas I just don't love it that I never feel like I have enough money to spend.  That's not at all what that holiday is about but still. 

I start my new job tomorrow.  The last few days have been super busy just wrapping up last minute projects and doing what I can to ease the transition.  I feel bad to be leaving them in a lurch but I guess that's just the way it goes.  I usually freak out big time when I start new jobs and I am hoping that this time around I can avoid that.  I hate feeling incompetent and that's kinda what you are when you start a new job because you haven't been trained yet.  At least it's right down the hall and I already know everyone because it's still part of the department I'm in now.

Does ANYONE print out their photos anymore?  The last year I printed out photos and put them in an actual photo album that you can hold in your hands was 2008.  I've been contemplating doing photo books from 2009-2010 and beyond.  They are slimmer and would take up less space then a clunky photo album and it might be nice to have them some place other then my computer.  I am working on our wedding album bit my bit using shutterfly.com.  It's coming together nicely.  I'm going to throw in some honeymoon shots at the end.   We still need to order the prints that came with our package from our photographer.  I've had a terrible time deciding which ones we want so just haven't done it yet.  My bridal shower and wedding Thank You cards are all officially out.  My duty as a bride is done and I just got word that one of Mj's friend just got around to sending us a wedding gift.  Yeah! More presents. 

I've been reading up on everyone and commenting but  haven't posted because I just haven't had too much going on so I haven't had that much to say.  Then it dawned on me that perhaps I don't have to have a specific topic and don't always have to try to be so profound.  Not that I EVER am, but maybe just a little of bit of this and a little bit of that for a blog post is enough.

12 comments :

Ameena said...

I love the rain but I do NOT love driving in it nor do I love it when the bottom of my pants get wet. But it's almost over!

Good luck with your new job tomorrow...I'm sure you are going to do great!!

ruthy ann said...

yay for the new job! i recently printed out some photos so i could put them in frames...but it seems strange...all my life photos are mostly stored in my computer now for no one to see!

Adorably Distracted... said...

Every time I've gone somewhere tropical the forecast always tells me it's going to rain. Usually, they only say that because it's uncertain. You may get a little rain each day but in my experience it's been all sunny skies! I hope you have tons of fun! Good luck with your new job :) You'll be great!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Good luck with your new job tomorrow...saying a little prayer for you that everything goes well! : )

Lil' Woman said...

Good luck with the new job girl....that's how I am with my blog post lately...a little this and that :)

Random Musings Of My Life said...

Yeah it was raining in San Fran too which sucks.. the fall is here..

I was going through old pictures too and I wish I had them all on my computer I am going to have to sit and scan them all one day...

Faith said...

i agree! a little bit of this and that is good! :)

i hope it doesn't rain but you are going to have the best time regardless. it is hard NOT to when you are on vacation!

hubby and I decided that the week after Christmas we are going to start putting money away per week for Christmas that way next Christmas we stop having that feeling of not having enough money. it stinks!

hoping for a Wedding Wednesday post ... no pressure! :)

Natalie said...

Good luck with the new job!

I started doing photo books last year. They are so easy, fun to make and take up less space!

Mrs. S said...

Good luck with the new job!
I'm sure you will be great!

Silly Girl said...

Good luck with the job. I still print out photos. I love photo albums. I am not a rainy day person either.

Frugalista said...

AD-oooohh! I am getting hope that the rain might go away!

Faith-I will be doing a wedding post again soon!

I'm going to try to keep those new job jitters away.

Brown Girl said...

I use Kodak Gallery for photo books and they rock, seriously the quality is great!

And why did you have to ruin my day and remind me about the thank you cards!? BOO

Enjoy the moon of honey! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...