12.05.2011

Me Time

The minute I walk in I can already feel myself relaxing.  The dim lighting and the melodic soothing music lull me into a feeling of calm and a general sense of well being.  I change into my white robe and step out into the lobby where I pour myself a cup of refreshing lemon water and help myself to a granola bar from the snack basket.  The smell of jasmine fills my nostrils as I sit there and read a magazine.  Can you guess where I am?  Oh yes...the spa.  I love facials.  It's not full body like a massage but they get your shoulders, neck and arms and it makes your skin feel so good.  My skin felt nice and tingly for the rest of the day.  The pedicure was nice too.  I got a sparkly bright red color so I'm all ready for the holiday party on Saturday.  You can't do housework after being pampered like that so I came home and relaxed.  Well, mostly.  I did some homework too.  The cleaning and the laundry can wait until the next weekend. 

I'll spend money on something tangible like clothes but rarely do I spend money on spa treatments.  I have my husband to thank for sending me off to the spa this time and most of the times before this.  If I could I would do it every month but it's nice just to be able to do it at all every now and then.  Life feels so rushed and exhausting sometimes that it's refreshing to slow down and totally focus on yourself in just one moment without having to think about the next.  I had 2 1/2 hours where the only thing I needed to do was relax, feel good and let myself be pampered.  When I think about it, I can't really put a price tag on that. 


11 comments :

Kathy C. said...

That sounds so amazing! You have me deciding if I should treat myself before Christmas as well. :) Glad you had some "me" time to unwind.

Natalie said...

Everyone needs a little me time, good for you for getting pampered!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

You just reminded me I haven't been to a spa since my wedding day..probably due for one!

Abbie said...

I'm the exact same way. Rarely do I spend money on facials, massages...but I was thinking the other day on how I really need to get a massage, especially with the holidays fastly approaching...your post just reaffirmed that for me!

ruthy ann said...

its amazing how being pampered can get us to slow down and appreciate life more!

Lauren said...

This sounds so nice and relaxing! I've never been to the spa, or gotten a massage. I told Brian it would make a great gift! :)

Lauren
http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

Yasi said...

That sounds amazing!!

xo
Yasi @ Hello, Gorgeous!

Lil' Woman said...

Ahhhhh a spa day sounds wonderful right now :)

Kristin said...

Spas are the PERFECT gift! Not something you really treat yourself too, so when others buy it for you, it feels even better :)

Faith said...

that sounds heavenly... i need a day at the spa now! hubby does well treating you for spa days!

Ameena said...

I also rarely spend money on spas and treatments. I find myself agitated that they take so long - so obviously I'm not exactly getting my moneys worth.

I think it's wise to treat yourself though! Glad you enjoyed...you deserve it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...