12.19.2011

Beachbody Challenge

I have a sugar addiction.  There...I said it!!!  Normally, it's not that big of a deal but during the holidays when there is chocolate, cookies, and cake every where I turn at work then at home it becomes a major issue because it's very hard for me to just say no. Anyways, I've decided that enough is enough!  One of my goals for 2011 was to get back to the gym on a regular basis.  I committed to working out at least twice a week and I have done that for an entire year year now.  I've decided to change things up and do my own personal challenge.  It's basically just committing to 60 days of a healthy diet and regular exercise plan.  Calling it a "challenge" is just a really good way to keep myself accountable and make a conscious effort to do it and stick with it.  I'm going to shoot for working out a minimum of 30 minutes per day 5 days per week.  I don't need to lose weight.  I really want to diversify my work outs and focus less on just burning calories and work more on building muscle tone and flexibility.  Mj is doing a 90 day Beach Body Challenge so we can help motivate each other.  I seriously don't think I have the internal willpower to do P90X2 or Insanity.  I'm just not that hard core! Call me a wimp but I think those are just too hard and not really my style anyways.  I'm probably going to do Slim in 6, Yoga Booty Ballet and/or some other combo of exercise videos.  The more the merrier I'd say so that I don't get bored.  My sister Dani's thing is Turbo Fire and she does that one almost daily and has lost most of her baby weight doing that alone.  She burns about 600 calories per work out.  I will probably still mix the gym in too; which is usually Elliptical but I think being able to work out at home will make it easier to stick with working out.

I don't have a specific diet plan.  I mainly just want to focus on eating lots of fruits, vegetables and nutrient dense foods.  I pretty much suck at doing this!  I don't think I'll totally eliminate sweets from my diet but it needs to be in moderation and not a multiple times daily habit like it's been over the last month or so.  I love the idea that Shakeology takes the guess work out of what to eat and gives you a full serving of all the vitamins and nutrients that you need for an entire day in one drink!  That is huge because on a day to day basis that's really hard to do.  I don't really like shakes so I don't think it will work for me.  My sister loves them though and says the chocolate is pretty delicious.
P90X2 is here!!  Source:  Beachbody.com
Now if you want to do the Beach Body Challenge the commit to get fit plan Step 1 is pretty basic.  Commit to at least 60 or 90 days of an exercise plan and a healthy diet that may or may not include Shakeology.  Sign up for the free Team Beachbody membership here.  Enter the Team Beach Body Challenge here and then log into the Wowy Super Gym Daily Sweepstakes here  to schedule and log work outs.  Every day that you log a work out you are entered into a contest for that day to win $500.   If you want to go big and are interested in being eligible for Monthly, Quarterly and Grand Prizes ranging from $1,000 to $100,000 you must do Step 1 to sign up and then Step 2 where you enter transformation results along with before, after pictures, stats and a series of other questions by March 31st.  If you go this route you will be asked specifically which Beach Body training program you used and you are eligible for bonus prizes if you use Shakeology.  At the very minimum you will get a Free T-Shirt for doing it.  You will also be part of the $500 daily prize contest for logging your work outs.  So, if you are serious about doing the full on Beach Body Challenge you should get started ASAP...or as soon as Christmas is over!!  The link to the Beach Body Challenge FAQ section is here. 



There is no gimmick here.  You will not get results unless you put in the time and effort.  Being fit and healthy has and always will be about a healthy diet and exercise.  The Beach Body Challenge just gives you tools, rewards and a framework to get you into that mind set and help keep you motivated.



Slim in 6


Yoga Booty Ballet


Turbo Fire with Chalene Johnson


P90X vs P90X2

5 comments :

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i definitely struggle with my eating more than exercising..i hope you share some more tips as you start the complete your challenges..sounds so exciting. i so need to write a post about my eating habits too..so terrible! fruits and veggies and protein sounds good though! good luck CC!

Suzie Thomas said...

It’s important to think about a variety of standards that you can use as a basis in selecting the ideal abdominal exercise equipment to make certain that you’ll have the ability to discover the ideal one you may utilize for quite a few years to come.

Lauren said...

Goodluck on the challenge! I'd love to do it just to tone up, I don't really need to lose any weight. I'm just not committed enough. I hardly ever work out. I love to hike though, so maybe that counts! And I'm pretty active. I just never go to a gym or anything.

And I love sugar too. I eat way to much, and since I love to cook/bake there is always something sweet in the house!

Lauren

http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

justein clark said...

There are many good reasons to use an exercise ball back chair in the office, the classroom or at home. Also known as a physio ball, swiss or yoga, this piece of equipment can help sufferers.It back pain is effective for the rehabilitation of the spine, as it helps to develop and strengthen the core muscles responsible for stabilizing of the spine.

Ameena said...

Good luck with the challenge...and the sugar thing? I can totally relate. It's after dinner that I start craving it and I fear it's getting out of hand again! I totally need to do a sugar detox again to get a handle on things. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...