9.02.2009

Big Casting Tomorrow


-Super Edgy Joe's Jeans Add-
So, tomorrow is the big day. I have been provided with my flight itinerary and car service instructions. I have the studio and hotel information. I have the call sheet for all of the crew and other models on the shoot. I have signed my model release and been given information on what the look of the photo shoot will be. I have the schedule. I know that I will be taken straight to the studio from the airport for the photo shoot. I'll be getting my hair done after work. I know what I am wearing tomorrow and I am about half way packed. As the last of the details came in today a flash of nerves went through my body. This is really happening. The Joe's Next Model contest began in May. Here we are about 4 months later and having made the Top Five cut (out of 100's) I am finally on my way to LA to show the judges what I've really got. I told them I wanted to be Joe's Next Model and now it's time for me to show them that I can actually do it. There isn't anything that I can do at this point but show up, be myself, and hopefully have a great shoot. Oh, and I want to have fun too!!

I have been told that my theme is very editorial and edgy. Thus far I have always been considered to be a commercial model and so I am excited about the opportunity to try to show that I can be high fashion too. I am quite certain that much will depend on how the shoot goes. Joe's Jeans is definitely a High Fashion brand known for their edgy adds and if I don't look good in those shots I take tomorrow it seems unlikely that I would be selected as the winner. I usually start out a little stiff and nervous but once I get warmed up I am able to loosen up and just let myself go. Being in wardrobe and make up should get me in the right mood. Based on the schedule, I am the last female model to shoot so it's not looking like I will be able to see what the other ones do before me...which could be good or bad. I'm just going to try not to think too much about it one way or another. The only thing I have any control over is myself so that's what I have to focus on.

This is a once in a lifetime chance for me. I am so excited to have this opportunity and be going on this little adventure. No matter what I just feel so lucky to be able to do this. The main goal for me is to do a good job. I will be very disappointed if I don't win. I would not have entered the contest if I didn't want this. Of utmost importance though, is to be able walk away from this experience knowing that I did the very best I could...and to truly enjoy the moment.

2 comments :

candidbeauty said...

I envy you! Congrats on making it so far in the contest. It will be an amazing experience and you'll have the time of your life! GOOD LUCK!

mr. nichols said...

cece! i've been real busy at the office so i haven't been keeping up with the blog like i used to. but it looks like i jumped back in right on time. i know you did your thing and remember, whatever happens, you already won. i look forward to hearing how everything turned out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...