Fab 4 Day Weekend

Sisters
My little sister is such a hot shot that she got flown down here on Friday night to shoot her friend's sister's wedding on Saturday.  It was an early ceremony and reception so she was done by four.  My big sis and I met up at Mom's house so we could all hang out and spend time together.
Hangin' out at the bar
Me and my sparkling wine.  Can't seem to get enough lately.

Grandparents and Grandkiddo. 
We went to Claim Jumper for dinner.  That place is always busy and since there were six of us it took a little over an hour to get a table.  We passed the time in the bar.  What is it with this sparkling wine craving?  That was my drink of choice while we waited to get seated.  I was trying to be "good" so I just got the salad bar for dinner and put together my own delicious salad.  We didn't get out of there until around 9pm.  We stopped at my Aunts house and then headed home to watch a movie and eat ice cream and Pie.  Well, I don't eat pie so I had a few cookies instead.  I spent the night and took my little sis back to the airport Sunday morning.  I love family time.  It was a short but sweet visit.

It's been great having a four day weekend.  We get both President's Birthday's at my job.  Friday I got to get my cleaning done in the morning and did some errands in the afternoon.  That night Mj and I ate Subway and watched the movie Straw Dogs.  Sunday  we did some home improvement related errands.  We bought a new kitchen sink at Home Depot.  Then, we went out for Pizza and to the movies to see Safe House.  This morning I woke up bright and early and went to the gym and then came back and did my homework.  It's been a fab 4 day weekend but it's not quite over yet.  I've been watching TV and now I feel an afternoon nap coming on.  I'll have time to sleep AND have dinner on the table by the time Mj gets home and finishes his work out.  Now that's fabulous. 

*********
I am pleased to announce that the winner of my first giveaway is Mrs. Williams!  Her prize is a 5 x 7 canvas hand painted by Lauren and a $15 shop credit to her Etsy Shop.  Thanks so much to all who entered.

11 comments

  1. I'm jealous of all your free time! Good for you for taking advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sister bonding!! and i too am jealous of your long 4-day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a great weekend! You and your sisters are gorgeous! Your nephew is getting so big! We saw Safe House too and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Thanks for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice weekend with the fam!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family! Hooray for Holiday weekends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally random comment but your dad looks great! I hope all is going well with him post-surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you had a fun weekend with your family! i haven't been to claim jumper in forever, i love their desserts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Claim Jumper once and walked right out when I saw they had a 75 minute wait. I'm way too hungry/lazy to wait for a table!

    Great pictures of you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a Claim Jumper nearby but they got rid of the salad bar (!!) a few years ago. :(

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.