- 2000-I am two years post college graduation and working in claims. I dislike my job but in the years to come I will grow to HATE it. I'm living with my fiance who also happens to have been my first boyfriend in our 2nd tiny apartment in as many years.
- 2002- After 4 years dating and 3 years engaged we finally make the mistake of getting married. The seven years spent procrastinating on said action should have been a hint of things to come.
- 2003-I am miserable and become very depressed. My marriage sucks. We don't communicate and we don't even like each other anymore. I'm still working in claims and hating life more and more with each passing day. The job is killing me but I would be taking a huge pay cut if I left and I had no idea what else I could do.
- 2004-Right before Christmas we separate. I am too thin and he accuses me of having an eating disorder. My weight hits an all time low. We agree the relationship has run it's course. I am on anti depressants, going to therapy and am sad and exhausted all the time. We actually had a deposit down on a condo but I had to call and cancel everything.
|I spent a lot of nights at home alone|
|My cozy condo|
- 2005-I buy a condo on my own and move into my own place in February and start to rebuild my life. I'm living alone for the first time and I like it. I can't take the stress anymore so I walk into work one day and quit my claims job of 6 years with no gig lined up and no plans. What was I thinking? I am too broke to buy a single Christmas present for anyone. This is also the year I meet MT and we begin a sort of relationship. I am still often sad and isolate myself alone a lot in my condo. The divorce is finalized.
- 2006-I finally had the time to pursue modeling, which I'd been wanting to do for a while. Turns out I was so beloved at my claims job they didn't want to let me go. They offered me a part time position temporarily that stretched into a whole year. I make so much that my hourly rate is still enough to keep me going along with modeling gigs. I call the shots. I work 24 hours a week for the next year and model. Uh...working part time is awesome! I'm so glad I had a chance to do that. My big sis and I get out and do a lot of fun things together. I didn't have a lot of friends so it was great having her as a best friend. She moved out of state for a boy at the end of the year. I smiled on the outside but no one really knew the extent of my sadness. I was (and still am) so hard on myself. I felt like a bit of a loser for wasting so much time in claims, not having a career, and for not really doing as well in modeling and acting as I'd have liked. It felt like nothing I did was ever good enough.
|First portfolio shoot 2006|
|From Top Left Clockwise: Vegas, Cruise with big sis 2006|
- 2007-The money is running out and my part time position has ended-I stayed there for 7 years in all! I haven't hit the big time and I need health insurance. It's time to go back to full time work. I find an office job at a college making about $12,000 a year less then I did working full time in Claims. I am bummed out to have to quit modeling and lingering depression still haunts me. After two years of sort of dating MT I find out he is totally married, and I totally end it with him. He is only the second guy I have ever dated in my life so I really just didn't know any better. There is a phone conversation with yelling and hanging up. Such drama. He helped me through a hard time and is still a friend to this day but I am not the home wrecker type. End of story. I meet a hot guy from Atlanta on My Space. We meet up in Vegas for the first time and he flies me out to visit him in Atlanta. Potentially scary and creepy but it actually turned out ok. He was not "the one" but he helped me get over Married guy and was a big confidence booster. My big sis got married and had a small wedding in Vegas.
|Clockwise from Top Left: 2008-Camping Trip, Casino Weekend Getaway,|
Las Vegas, County Fair
- 2008-I meet the love of my life in March. The man who would change my life. He spoiled me. We went camping, we went to Vegas, and he bought me things. I was having the the best time ever getting to know him but even still I tried to push him away. I still don't like myself enough to believe that I am worthy. We find out he will be deployed and Eight months after meeting he leaves for a year overseas. We had already decided we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. The guy gave me a giant promise/engagement ring after four months! Smitten much? Well so was I! And the happiness that has eluded me for so many years is finally mine for the taking. After Christmas he's gone. All of our plans have come to a screeching halt. I won't see him again for 7 months.
- 2009-I basically spent this year missing Mj, trying to keep busy and missing Mj. I'm beginning to hate my job again so I transfer to a new office. I keep myself occupied by starting this blog. I wrote away happily even though I had no followers and I worked on learning Spanish with Rosetta Stone. I visit my big sis in NC, I hang out with friends and family. My illustrious modeling career is capped off with a Top 5 Finish in the Joe's Next Model contest. A memorable experience and a welcome distraction. Mj comes home for a visit in July and then onto the home stretch until he is home for good in November. I turned in my 2nd leased Jeep and bought a Honda in cash causing a near nervous breakdown. I am overcome with anxiety and I'm not sure if it's because I've been without Mj so long, I'm afraid of all the changes that happen when he gets back or both. What if I can't shake these awful feelings? How are we going to accomplish everything we want to in the coming year? When he finally came home he made everything ok. He moved in with me and talked me down from the ledge. We went to Delaware in December where I met his parents for the first time and we set about building our life together.
|My B day with the 'rents April 09.|
|Visit with Big Sis N. Carolina May 2009|
|We meet up with J who also lives in NC. |
She's the one who hooked up me and hubby.
|July 2009 Visit. We go to Vegas and enjoy every day we have together|
|My baby is home for good!! Nov 2009|