|Linking up with Leslie @A Blonde Ambition|
1. My worst fashion offense of all time has to be....All the years between birth and 2005. I went from my mom dressing me bad to me dressing bad all by myself. When I look back on some of my pictures I cringe. Not that I became stylish in 2005, but I think my fashion sense became less bad. Is that proper grammar? I don't think so but it's really the best way to say it because to say better implies good and it was still mostly bad. I honestly don't think I came close to having a stylish wardrobe until the last few years. Thank goodness for fashion bloggers.
2. The most embarrassing song on my iPod is probably...Where do I start? My iPod is so all over the place it's not even funny. Almost Paradise by Loverboy from the Footloose Soundtrack, I'm All Out of Love by Air Supply and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen are probably the worse offenders. But I like 'em.
3. The last white lie I told was...I say things all the time like, How was your day? Fine. When it's totally not or see you soon when I kinda know that probably won't happen. I'm pretty sure there are others but I couldn't really think of anything else.
4. The celebrity I most wish would disappear is.....If I had to pick I'd say the Kanye West and Kim Kardashian circus. Before that, just Kanye West would have been fine to disappear on his own with his funky attitude and crazy antics. But really, I don't pay that much attention to celebrity news and gossip so I just picked them because I think their new baby's name is ridiculous and both of her marriages seem like a joke. Not that I know the really story or anything. And then I hear stuff on the radio about them putting gold swarovski encrusted toilets in their new house. Really? We know you are filthy rich and all but, REALLY??
5. Sometimes I wish ... I were rich and semi famous. I swear I would not be one of those idiots to blow it and squander my riches. I would use the money wisely, share responsibly, invest and live a life of freedom. I only say semi famous because all out celebrity sounds kind of awful with all the scrutiny they are under but I do think it would be awesome to be known for being really really good at something or for accomplishing something great.
6. My childhood crush was... I think the first one I can remember was in Elementary and I want to say his name was Sam. That name just comes to mind first when I try to conjure up a crush memory. I also had a pound puppy named Sam back then so I could be confusing the two. After that the next real crush was one that made me cry into my pillow at night was on Caleb. I was OBSESSED with him for 3 1/2 of 4 years of high school. A bit on what happened when we met up again over 10 years later here.
7. I've never turned down...Free food samples in the grocery store. Something about free food in general just gets me every single time. If it's free I want it even if I don't. I think Mj is weird because most of the time he won't take them. You mean you don't want to try the grilled chicken with orzo rice that the lady with the plastic gloves is handing out in those cute little plastic cups with the tiny spoon? I always ask him to get one too and just give it to me. Sometimes he will and sometimes he won't.
8. Speaking in Public...makes me a nervous wreck. Not that I have to do it very often thank goodness. I literally mess up my name and job title when we have to introduce ourselves at meetings. It's terrible. I did have one shining moment a few years ago where I conquered my fears and gave a work presentation to a room full of high school teachers. Looking back I still can't really believe I did it. More about that experience here.
9. I'd rather watch paint dry than ... Paint. Or yard work. I pretty much hate both. We painted our downstairs and then when we needed the upstairs done we paid someone to do it. None of our bathrooms or spare rooms are painted and I honestly don't know if they ever will be. I did enjoy some gardening last year when we planted some herbs and a dwarf Orange tree but keeping plants alive is just too much for me. Then using them is scary because when you go to pick them there might be bugs or spiderwebs. I'm a big wimp.
10. Much like a train wreck, I can't turn away from watching...Bad reality TV. In particular the one I am most ashamed of at the moment is Toddler's and Tiara's. The pageant daddies are getting just as outrageous as the mom's and the drama makes my jaw drop. And it makes me cringe when you can tell the family is financially strapped and mom is working an extra job as a clown to pay for $3,000 pageant dresses that will be too small in 6 months. And it is kind of revolting seeing 2 year olds with pounds of make up on their face being fed pixie sticks or coffee to keep them awake and throwing a screaming crying tantrum because they didn't win Ultimate Grand Supreme. But I keep watching. I've also been watching Breaking Amish.