Welcome to November

Well hello there November. And just like that the holiday season is upon us.  There are red coffee cups all over Instagram and Christmas trees adorned with twinkly lights at Home Depot to prove it.

I'm a little freaked out because since Friday my blog has been the incessant target of spam traffic from some random website where there is no link to my blog and there is nothing I can do to stop it.  It's happened before but the sheer volume of spam hits since Friday is very alarming.  I feel like my blog is under attack.  I've heard rumors that blogger will shut you down if they think you are a "spam site" so I'm a little worried and just hope it stops or at least slows down soon.  If anyone knows anything about this topic let me know.
Cinepolis, happy hour, Sun morn work out, Peanut Butter Toast
Friday night I went for happy hour with two friends to a place that actually doesn't not have happy hour so that was awesome.  It's on the 40th floor of The Hyatt and the view is amazing so I guess they think they can get away with it.  And clearly they do because people were buying.  I ordered a $11 on a glass of champagne which sadly wasn't really that bad compared to the $18 cocktails and $49 patron.  Yes-for one single shot.  I drew the line at $16 for chips and dip.  It's a nice place but we had to leave so that we could get some food in our stomachs.  Late night eating is the best, especially after a few glasses of wine and you are starving.  Us three girls sat down after 9:00 at a place called Nicky Rottens and ordered burgers and sweet potato fries.  We all left with doggie bags.  I'm eating mine for lunch today but Bianca gave hers away to a homeless man on the street after which he grabbed her hand and kissed it.  She was not too thrilled about that.

Saturday night we went to Cinepolis and saw The Counselor.  It wasn't your typical drug cartel movie.  It was different but in a good way.  I haven't hated a Cameron Diaz character so much since Bad Teacher.  There was this weird scene involving her and a Ferrari.  That's all I'm gonna say.   We've kind of fallen in love with Cinepolis even though we, or should I say I, absolutely did not plan on it.  It's totally unacceptable to fall in love with a place that sets us back about $90.00 for a night out at the movies what with tickets, drinks and dinner and all.  But when I'm cozied up with Mj with my shoes off under a blanket on those giant leather recliners having just finished off pizza and champagne while staring up at that giant screen I'm not really thinking about what a racket it is.

Sunday I woke up and did Pilates and then went to the grocery store AGAIN.  I'm so tired of that place!  Then I settled down to eat Peanut Butter toast on Ezekial bread with coffee for breakfast.  Peanut butter toast is my latest addiction.  It combines two of my loves; bread and peanut butter.  I eat it for breakfast on the weekends and dessert on weeknights.  It's gotta be a miracle because I cooked for the second week in a row.  I rested up for it though.  We were cuddled up on the couch when Mj grabbed my hand and led me up to the bedroom and flung me upon the bed.  Then he layed down next to me and we took the most awesome nap ever.  What did you think we did?

I'm really disappointed in the time change.  Instead of feeling like I gained an hour I feel like I lost three.  It's a gray day so there was no extra daylight to be seen.  Traffic was worse then usual.  It took me 50 minutes to get to work.  I walked up the steps wondering how in the heck I was going to keep my eyes open all day.

I'm freaking tired, but I better rest up because we're going to Las Vegas this weekend and you all know how Las Vegas wears me out if I let it. 
 

15 comments

  1. Sorry about your spam issue, that really sucks!! Hope it gets fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved having the extra hour sunday morning, but i had such a hard time sleeping last night. although i do admit that the time change makes it feel more like fall finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at hating the trip to the grocery store - again. Ever since I moved to Georgia to live with my fiance I feel like I live in the grocery store. Nothing lasts more than a week, especially the coffee creamer. We might have to look into a Costco membership. It doesn't help that the grocery store is already NOT one of my favorite places to be:-)

    I loved reading this. $16 for chips and dip? You could do a lot with $16 at TGIF. Happy November!!! I Nov/Dec are my favorite months...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love November :-) and that Cineopolis place does sound great by the way you described it.. aside from the cost lol but memories are priceless right? have fun on your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed that your site was spammy - but other bloggers were too. Hopefully it gets fixed!
    I feel completely thrown off by the time change, too. Hopefully it balances out soon.
    Have a blast in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man! I hope the spammer stops. That's really annoying. Sorry that's happening! Hope you rest up before Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That movie theater sounds great, but wow that is pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a great movie night! Hope you have an awesome time in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh i went to one of those fancy theaters before. definitely not cheap but a fun night out!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading this at work, and stifled a laugh from behind my cubicle: We were cuddled up on the couch when Mj grabbed my hand and led me up to the bedroom and flung me upon the bed. Then he layed down next to me and we took the most awesome nap ever. What did you think we did?

    Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and MJ look so cozy in that picture. I love it.

    I hope the spam issue gets figured out quickly. That sucks.

    Looks like a great and fun weekend.

    And yes, rest up! So jealous! Excited for all your Instagram pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe it's November already. Looks like you had a fun filled weekend.

    I feel like I didn't really gain an hour either, this daylight saving is not working for me. Have fun in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too can't believe that November is upon us. Where did the year go? I am excited about the holidays though, it is my favorite time of year. Have a good time in vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good ol' supply and demand! Gettin' charged for the view. I hope you got the spam stuff figured out!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.