Old Lady Shoes

Confession time!

I confess that we change our thermostat from our Ecobee App even if we are sitting five feet away from it.  One time the only thing within our reach was my i pad which did not have the app on it.  When we wanted to turn on the heat we just downloaded the app instead of getting up. Hey, if the options there-I'm gonna use it. The main reason I'm really glad we have the option is so I don't have to get upset if we leave the house and I think I left the thermostat on because I will make him turn around and go back.  Half the time it's not even on!!  Same thing with my curling iron.  I wish I had an app for that.

I confess that I made coffee but forgot the cup.  I hit 'brew' and didn't even realize I forgot the mug until I saw it shooting out of the machine.  I always wondered what would happen if some idiot did that.  Well, that idiot is me and it turns out the machine has a pretty good plan in place when people are silly enough to forget.  Most of the coffee pooled into the base area so it didn't make that much of a mess but I was really annoyed that I wasted a K cup.

I confess that I ate both hard boiled egg yolks for two days in a row without even realizing it.  I realized I'd done it for two days on Wednesday and remembered not to but had to check the trash because I couldn't remember if I remembered.  Then I forgot again on Friday.  MJ called to remind me on Monday or else I might have done it again.  I eat two hard boiled eggs in the morning as part of my breakfast but only one yolk because it's too much cholesterol.  The confession here has less to do with the yolks and more to do with my awful memory and how weird it was in the first place that I just randomly forgot.  Yes, I'm losing my mind.  See coffee confession above.

I confess that I started calling my sleeping pills dolls after I watched Valley of the Dolls last month.  I know, I'm weird.  Anyone ever seen it?  I read the book a long time ago and loved it so I was really excited to see it in Netflix.  It's from the 60's and Patty Duke is in it.  Her character becomes addicted to prescription medication and she calls them dolls.  And yes, I still take sleeping pills dolls Sunday through Thursday because of chronic insomnia.
I confess that since we have a no shoes allowed rule I get ridiculously excited when I get a new pair of and get to wear them in the house.  I always make sure to put them on early so I can prance around the house because it's such a novelty and it's fun to feel like I'm breaking the rules.  Don't laugh at my old lady shoes.  That's what MJ calls them anyway, but they are so comfortable that I don't even care.  If you are interested in what it feels like to walk on a cloud they are Grasshoppers by Keds.

I confess that I finally threw away my wedding folder from 2010.  It was not even cute.  It was just some tired heavy stock folder with a pocket on each side stuffed to the brim with wedding stuff.  Let's just say I had a really hard time letting go of my wedding.

I confess that I'm driving around with my Goodwill drop off  in my trunk.  I have bags and bags of clothes and shoes just rolling around with me every day.  If I didn't know me and I saw my trunk I'd think I was homeless and living out of my car.  I'm not homeless, I'm just a hoarder.  Pulling all that stuff out of my closet was a big move but I'm afraid to pull the trigger for real.  I've got issues.

I confess that I bought a shoe stretcher.  I've taken my shoes for stretching enough that I finally decided to just go ahead and buy one.  Turns out they really aren't that expensive and it's one of those things that will pay for itself.

13 comments

  1. So many nods to this post. 1) I love keds. 2) I have a shoe stretcher and they are awesome! Perfect for when there's a sale and the last pair is just a half-size off. 3) I've done the coffee without the cup thing! At work, no less. Needless to say I felt like an idiot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You're cute!!! :-) I love these confessions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to drive around with my donation bags for a while too. I can never seem to find a bin when I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, the bags of clothes in the car is the first step! :)

    Your grandma shoes do look comfortable!

    Seriously, K-Cups are not cheap so I would have been annoyed as well. It's a easy thing to forgot when you're rushing in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've come thisclose to the coffee mug thing a few times, only to realize it at the last minute and jam the mug under there just in time. One of these days I'm not going to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I love it all. Grandma shoes included.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute old lady shoes :) if they're comfy, who cares? and i have trouble getting rid of stuff too but i've been trying to be more ruthless lately because i have SO much crap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The feeling of giving away is the most fulfilling of all! I'm sure you enjoyed this getting rid of your old stuff and driving around with your Goodwill box.

    Love those comfy shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol...these are totally cute confessions! i am also notorious for forgetting things in the house and driving to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ride around with bags of clothes to give away also. Who even has the time? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait a minute....do those shoe stretchers work well? I could use one of those, I wear a size 10.5 which is hard to find so that could come in handy! I have some grandma looking Keds too that I took to Paris, they had foam in the bottom and were so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a fun post idea! you're not alone in doing some of these either :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had Goodwill stuff in my car for almost a year once! Well, maybe not that long but basically P one day took it out and took it for me (prior to us living together) :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.