I Work Out


Over the last year I've been an elliptical junkie but I don't want to burn myself out.  I have started to add in the treadmill and I seriously need to venture over to those machines to work on muscle building.  I want to work out at home more too so I ordered some new exercise videos to add to my collection and mix things up a little.  I love ballet and my goals are to increase my flexibility and tone so I got a bunch of ballet inspired and yoga workouts.  I actually already had Time Saver Cardio and Balletone in VHS which was almost like not having them at all.  Who has the patience for VHS tapes?  Or a VCR for that matter!  Time Saver Cardio is so old school that it was only .50 cents and the shipping cost was more then the actual DVD!  Over this month I've got a package of classes I need to use up so I might not get to these right away but I'm looking forward to trying them out.  A good source for exercise videos is Collage Video.  They have tons to choose from.  There are lots reviews, sample clips and a detailed breakdown of every workout.  I ended up buying these on Amazon.com though because some were cheaper there.  


Kathy Smith Time Saver Cardio
Balletone:  The Dancers Work Out for Everybody
Xtend Barre: Lean & Chiseled with Andrea Rogers
Tracey Mallett-The Booty Barre-Total New Body
Element: Ballet Conditioning with Elise Gulan  
Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown
Power Yoga - Total Body Workout with Rodney Yee
Elle Make Better Series:  Elle Workout Yoga with Brooklyn Decker (not pictured)

I've been watching TV during my elliptical work outs for a while now.  It's been a lifesaver keeping me entertained especially during the hour long sessions which sometimes feel like forever.  I'm usually lucky enough to get a machine with a TV attached but last night I didn't so thank goodness I updated my i Tunes.  My music was so stale.  It wasn't motivating me and I didn't even want to listen to it anymore.  I created one play list using the new ones and mixed in some songs that I already had.  Now my workout mix has 93 songs and they are all in one place so I can frantically navigate to that one song I need to get me through those last 5 minutes when I feel like I'm gonna die.  If anyone needs any ideas here they are.  Some of them might not be the newest....but again it's been a long time since I bought anything.


Give Me Everything (Tonight), Pitbull Ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
Stereo Hearts (feat. Adam Levine), Gym Class Heroes
Without You (feat. Usher), David Guetta & Usher
We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) [Calvin Harris Extended Mix], Rihanna
The Edge of Glory, Lady GaGa
Firework, Katy Perry
California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg), Katy Perry
Dynamite, Taio Cruz
Raise Your Glass, P!nk
Stereo Love, Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina
Fly, Nicki Minaj & Rihanna 

Here is my exercise summary for the last two weeks.  No, I don't count my house cleaning as a workout but if I'm going to spend 2 hours slaving away you can bet I'm giving myself credit for calories burned.  Last year I started out slow committing to just 2 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes after not working out for over a year.  I figured doing something is better then doing nothing at all.  I didn't want to push it and it worked.  I've stuck with it and now exercise actually feels like part of my life again like it used to.  Having the time and energy to exercise during Christmas Break reminded me of how much I actually enjoy it.  It's hard fitting it in but once I just accepted the fact that going to the gym on a weekday often means barely having time to come home and eat and fall exhausted into bed it was all good.  Last year working out was a NYE resolution and this year it's a lifestyle.

Mj lost 3.5 pounds after the first week of his Beach Body Challenge.  He's following his meal plan and work out plan and is off to a great start.

Do you have any new workout plans or fitness goals for the new year? 


Monday Dec 26- Sunday Jan 1:  
Worked out every day except Tuesday and Friday
Exercise Summary Calories
Yoga 45 Min 110
Elliptical 280 30 Min 280
Yoga 1 Hour 220
Situps 5 Min 11
Elliptical 1 Hour 520
Stretching 10 Min 40
House Cleaning 2 Hours 214
Elliptical 30 Min 290
P90X2 Stretch & Recovery 55 Min 195
Elliptical 1 Hour 550
Total 2431

Monday Jan 2- Sunday Jan 8:
Worked out every day except Monday and Sunday

Exercise Summary Calories
Pilates 50 Min 130
Situps 10 Min 44
Mix Technique Class: Yoga, Pilates, Ballet, Cardio 1 Hour 330
Walking 30 Min 175
Elliptical 30 Min 250
Elliptical 30 Min 260
P90X2 Yoga 1 Hour 5 Min 190
Yoga 1 Hour 220
Total 1599

6 comments

  1. Oh yes, I have goals. I am going to lose the last of my baby weight and tone up a bit. I want to fit into my pre pregnancy jeans by my birthday in March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jillian Michaels and Rodney Yee's yoga DVD's. I really need to dig them up again actually.

    And your playlist? Every single song is a favorite of Maya's. How funny is that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iove working out with the hubby! I have a whole bunch of tai-Bo and Pilates videos and caribbean workouts..those ladies don't play. I want to try P90x!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your playlist, I could totally rock out to those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to listen to music when on any machine or watch TV, I get bored, lol
    I really like fitness classes like cardio kick, step, aerobics, etc,
    My goals are to continue toning and building more muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get on your work out plan! I haven't worked out since the summmer. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.