Low Key New Year's Eve



If I told you that for New Year's Eve I ate fast food and donuts and drank champagne straight from the bottle you might think; how sad.  It actually is kind of a borderline pathetic New Year's Eve but we're OK with that.  I made dinner reservations one day but then decided to cancel them the next.  I checked Yelp and the only good review it got were for those who went to happy hour.  Everyone else said the place was overpriced, had really bad service and the food was just OK.  Guess I should have read the reviews before 5:00 pm on New Year's Eve.  It was too late to get reservations anywhere else and I wasn't really feeling Applebee's or On The Border.


I haven't had Taco Bell in a long time so we made a fast food run.  I love their soft tacos.  I had a craving for a Cinnamon roll so that was desert.  Healthy I know, but I'll work it off in the New Year.  In fact, it's one of my resolutions.  Can you believe McD's had the nerve to be closed at 8:30 pm?  Mj was one some kind of feeding frenzy before he starts his diet and exercise regime and wanted it for a 2nd time that day!  He had to settle for his left over KFC.  It was just the two of us so I said why bother with a glass?   Let's live on the edge and drink straight from the bottle.  So maybe I'm at home in my pj's watching a NYE countdown show but that's what makes it so edgy.  Right?  That's what I told myself anyways and Mj just thought I was crazy.

We spent a quiet low key night watching Friends With Benefits and then Dick Clark's New Year's Eve countdown with Ryan Seacrest cuddled up in the corner of our sectional.  If I had done this alone or with anyone else I probably would have considered it a pretty crappy New Year's Eve but since I was with Mj it was just fine with me.  We have fun together no matter what we do or where we go.  I wasn't out freezing somewhere in the middle of a crowd or spending too much money and I still got my midnight kiss.  I do resolve that next year we will definitely do something for NYE.  Anything at all would be a step up!

Happy New Year everyone!

11 comments

  1. We went out for NYE and it really wasn't that great so your night sounds awesome to me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went out and I would have much rather stayed home nice & cozy w/ food and wine! Making a note to put my foot down with the mister next year lol! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. being happily married and hanging out with each other is one of life's joys.
    i enjoyed reading this.
    happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the low key nights are the best ones! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a pretty good NYE to me! Sometimes, it's so much better just to stay in and relax with the one you love.

    Happy New Year! Wishing you the best in 2012! :)

    Lauren

    http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like how we spent the evening too only there was footbd involved! Love the pictures!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Years Eve is totally overrated in my opinion...the best way to celebrate it is a low-key way. Which you did. Sounds perfect to me!

    Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty much how our New Years was except substitute TB for McD's and champagne with boilo and wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. seriously, who does Mikey Ds think he is being closed at 8pm? such slackers.

    sounds like a great night to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness your page looks so great. You look great! It's nice to see the happy couple together!!! :))) Happy start of 2012!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Pretty much sounds like our NYE...Dick Clark and everything. There is nothing better than just chilling!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.