You Call This a Tote?

The Gold one is tote size; tiny two on the right-not so much
Glamour is running this promotion where if you subscribe to Glamour Magazine for 1 year you get a free tote set.  I have been subscribing to Glamour off and on for years.  After I grew out of Seventeen I found it to be a perfect mix of fashion, healthy and beauty tips and some good reading.  The fact that I would receive a tote set didn't motivate me to order it any more or less.  I've got plenty of bags at home.  I don't need anymore but if it's free,  I'll gladly take it.  

Don't they look nice and full in the pic?
So imagine my surprise when I get this package in the mail about the size of a magazine.  I hadn't ordered anything.  What could it be?  I open it to find my free totes but they are not quite what I expected.  No where on the free tote add did it mention size or material.  I looked.  But I did not expect them to be this tiny!!  If you are getting a tote you kind of imagine that it will be sizable enough to actually tote things around.  Especially when the post card says it will carry "all of your essentials."  A tote is big right?  Guess not.  It's either a classic case of product misrepresentation or just my fault for assuming but I can't be the only one who assumed they would be bigger.  I'm okay with it because they have come in handy for other things.  I just found it hilarious that I thought they were going to be the size of an actual tote and they weren't.  Maybe it's the word tote.  A better word would be mini tote, purse, or make up bag considering that's what size they are.   They were free so hey; can't complain too much. 

Well, if anyone else want's a free MINI tote set, you can get it at here at Glamour.   And when you see how small they are you can't say I didn't warn you!

10 comments

  1. They definitely don't look "tote sized" at all! It's just false advertizing...they hope they can get people who don't usually subscribe to sign up so they get it. I would be a little disappointed, but it was free so at least you got something out of it :)

    Hope you check out my giveaway!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, that happened to me with a promo for SELF magazine a couple years ago. I thought I was getting this great "tote" and I got one that is probably the size of your littlest one on the right. Unbelievable how they market that as a "tote"! Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO. The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I think it was either an Essence subscription or Health magazine. They are so deceiving. LOL. By the way, very nice closet or chest of drawers. I like the glass and those handles

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same thing happened to me too! A couple months ago I bought a Coach "tote" on their official eBay website. I thought it was a steal for $60, but my wallet doesn't even fit into it. THIS is why I don't shop online, smh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! And you spent money on a bad case of product misrepresentation. Glad it wasn't more then $60 but still that's a bummer.

      Delete
  5. This happened to me once...I think it was Glamour! Or maybe Self? It was way back when I had time and the focus to read magazines. I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who's been conned! They should be ashamed of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Glad to know this! I have been thinking about a subscription to Vogue to get a cute bag. Now I know not to get my hopes up to high. Love the dresser. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha what a gyp! I never like the free bags anyways. Well, unless it's clinique or something. They always give good bags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, that's hilarious. Most freebies ten to be a little disappointing. Which is disappointing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.