Holiday Par-tay


I have this thing about company holiday party's.  That thing is that I love them.  It's a fabulous night out that doesn't cost me anything so what's not to love?  At my job we just got a holiday luncheon during the work day.  Mj's isn't until January this year but my friend B invited me to hers.  I met her at Hotel La Jolla right after work on Friday, got myself all dolled up and then it was time to party.  This company went all out.  Cocktail hour with appetizers at a swanky hotel to start.  Filet Mignon for dinner.  Dessert bar and a DJ next door.  Oh, and just in case you overdo it on the all night open bar they throw in a hotel room for the night.  I've spent 6 months and then 5 months apart from Mj back to back so it felt kind of silly that I was going to miss him even thought it was just one night.  I felt sad for some reason that he was going to be home without me but not sad enough to stop me from going.  We each do our own thing and we don't have to be together all the time; nor should we.

The cool thing about going to someone else's holiday party is that you can act a fool and you don't have to see those people on Monday morning at work.  When you are the friend your husband doesn't have to see those people at work either.  You can dance like nobody is watching even though the room is full.  You can drink too much and laugh way too loud.  Not that I did any of that of course, but I will say that open bars tend to have quite an effect on me.  We both had a really fun time.  Maybe too much fun.  The next morning we stayed in the room right until the very last minute for check out recovering and then I felt sluggish for the rest of the day.  I definitely don't bounce back like I used to so it's a good thing I don't do this all the time.  Every now and then it's fun to really let loose like that though so it was worth it.

If you haven't entered my giveaway yet the last day is tomorrow.  Go here to enter.

 

10 comments

  1. What a fun night! I can't believe how nice that party was, open bar AND a dessert bar? I would've gone just for the dessert bar! You looked so beautiful! I am glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! Sounds like the party was also great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to enjoy yourself. If I had the opportunity to party on someone else's dime, then I'd definitely take them up on that offer. LOL!

    You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love girls' nights!!!! And you look fab! What a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ladies looks stunning! I don't bounce back as easy as I used to too...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha...love the bit about not having to see those people on Monday! I had my company party on Friday, and I definitely wondered how some of my co-workers were going to be able to show their faces back in the office :)

    Glad you had fun; gorgeous pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you and your friend are beautiful...i thought she was vivica fox..i was curious to know what company she works for but i guess thats not for public consumption.
    i also like how you and mj are working out your marriage - you realize that you dont always have to do things together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous girls!! I bet the two of you were the life of the party ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.