Amazing Quest & The Guys

Team #9 AKA Lay off my Biscuits (long story...inside joke)

I could hardly believe that we were doing this again.   Last year's amazing quest took us about 3 1/2 hours, involved a trolley ride to an entirely different part of town and had really hard challenges.  This year it was definitely watered down.  It was only about 2 hours, kept us right in downtown and had much easier challenges.  The take off point was a bar called Barley & Mash.  When they yelled GO we opened our first clue and took off running our little hearts out and trying to get through each challenge really fast.  It was in the 80's so we were HOT, sweaty and out of breath. 
They had us break at the half way point back at Barley & Mash.  Big mistake for us because we found out that even with all of our hustling we were still in 13th place!!  How did the #1 team do it so fast?  We couldn't figure it out so we took it easy in the 2nd half.  There was no way we would win or even come in the top 3...or even 5!  We took it so easy we skipped the last challenge because we were already over time and finished dead last.  We were tired, hungry and all we wanted was our free happy hour.  By the time we got back the other teams were probably on their 3rd drink.  The last round of the food was being put out and devoured within minutes.  I got a glass of wine and for the first time ever ate french fries so sloppy they required a fork.  Awesome by the way.  While everyone else was still partying it up in the reserved area downstairs the four of us ordered some food at the bar upstairs.  We were THE losing team so we got ran out of there.  No not really. We just got there so late we didn't get enough food. I was so worn out that night.  By 8:30pm I could barely keep my eyes open.  I felt so bad for Mj because he got busy writing a 10 page paper while I got busy falling asleep on the couch.
One of Mj's good friends L is moving out of the state so we planned a day at the park on Sunday for one last time all together.  It would have been nice if we could have flip flopped Saturday and Sunday's weather but even in California you can't always get the weather you want when you want it.  Saturday was in the 80's while we were running around the city but Sunday at the park the temperature dropped to the 60's.  It was still high 70's where we live but this was closer to the coast.  We ordered Pizza and ate this yummy cake with L's face on it.  I'm not even gonna tell you how many pieces of pizza I ate.  I was freezing for most of the day but I zipped up my hoodie, sucked it up and had fun anyways.  I got some laughs when I busted out the gloves but I didn't care. If I was smart I would have joined in on the volleyball and wiffle ball games so I could burn some calories AND stay warm. 
The Guys (L is the one on the right with the baseball cap)
Mj has a really great group of friends.  They don't just stay in touch on Facebook; they make sure that they hang out and see each other in real life too.  They bike, do dinners and take trips together.  I don't have friends like that.  Gosh, I can remember meeting all of these guys and their wives five years ago and hoping that they would like me and now I feel like part of the group.  L is really the center of the group and so good at bringing everyone together for Bar B Q's and gatherings at his house.  It's a part of life that things change and people move on but it's so sad.  It's going to be a good move for him but he will be missed by everyone.
 
Twitter // Facebook // Instagram

16 comments

  1. such fun! i would love to do something like that.

    the picture of you and Mj is so cute! too funny that you consider 60 degree weather cold. i'm begging for it :)

    i don't see my close girl friends as much as i would like. i hate that distance plays a big role in it.

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds such a great project.

    look at that green, green tall grass. I can't believe it because here is all muddy snow and spring until end of April.

    enjoy your week, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day in the park. Those scavenger hunt challenges seem so much work! Fun but tiresome i bet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it was so much fun! even if you were dead last - we have never done anything like that. Looks like you had a great weekend and those few drinks we said we would have so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that you may not have been first place, but this looks like so fun! I'd love to do this in my city since you end up getting to know your area so well!!

    How awesome!

    Andie's Traveling Pants

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! So was the challenge like a scavenger hunt? That sounds fun! And how the heck did that team in first place get done so quickly?? That picture of you and MJ is so pretty, the colors are bright and y'all look happy. I can't believe you were freezing in 60 to 70 degree weather lol that's my favorite temperature! It sounds like you had a fun weekend. I don't blame you for eating alot of pizza, pizza is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what the heck that is, but it sounds like a blast. And sloppy French fries are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous event!!! That looks like an absolute blast! And I'm officially 100% jealous of your weather. I'm almost convinced that Russia will never be warm again...:)

    Xoxo,
    Stephanie
    www.stephanierhodes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, how FUN! That looks like a blast! And girl, you are TINY! You better start doing some outfit posts soon :). Sloppy french fries? Yum...sound amazing. It's great that MJ has such a close group of friends. That's hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to do one of these!!! So.much.fun!!!!!! And I like your thinking on taking it easy and having fun!!! That's my girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun is that? I love that you guys just had fun and enjoyed each other on the quest.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like so much fun! It really looks like everyone had a great time. I've never tried anything like this quest, but I'd love to if the opportunity ever comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to do a quest like that!! It's not about winning, it's about having fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like so much fun! I wish they had something like this where i live!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.