2020 Done and Dusted

Happy New Year!!! I actually had to read through my last blog post to remember what I last wrote about. Go me! Work kicked my butt from November right into Christmas break as usual. Working at home has made my busy time of year a little bit less bad, but still. I was READY for my break. Christmas was so nice. It was just MJ and I but it was a wonderful day. I exercised, had wine, and we watched Wonder Woman. In past years, I felt pressure to "do" something if it was just going to be us on Christmas, but due to covid that pressure was not a thing. It was nice to make our thing we do a nice dinner at home without feeling like we should have done something. We had steak for dinner on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. It was better than eating at a restaurant. I'm still eating mostly meatless, but sometimes you just want a good steak. Or burger. 

This year we didn't bother too much with the whole what do you want for Christmas? I don't know, what do you want? He says he asked me, but I don't remember so I'm pretty sure I said I'll think about it and then never got back to him. We just got each other gifts and they were perfect. I really loved our tree. It was the tallest and widest one we've ever had, and it smelled really good! I feel like most of our trees don't smell much, which is one of the reasons we like a real tree, but this one was great. It really smelled like Christmas. On New Year's Eve we watched the Cooper Anderson and Andy Cohen New Years Eve Special, toasted at midnight and went to bed.

New Year's Eve Dinner

The weather was perfectly sunny all break. I finished Bikini Body Guide just before Thanksgiving, so I mostly did a bunch of walking and it felt great. The weather was perfect for it. Between November-December I watched Between, The Flight Attendant, The Undoing, The Wilds, and probably some other good shows I'm forgetting at the moment. I also got some writing in. It felt really odd going back to work after two weeks off. Work and home is one and the same right now. It's a slow time at work and I had hardly any interaction with any co-workers all week. It was just this weird, I'm at home, but I'm at work, but there aren't any coworkers, and I'm at home, but I do get paid to do this, so I better do it even though I feel like there isn't anybody out there. I'm not complaining. I still love the work at home life and will look back on this time fondly when it's all over. 

In 2020 I read more books, exercised a lot, and got back on track with writing. I went vegetarian for 18 days straight, and cooked more than I ever have in my life! Now that I know I can in fact live without meat, I've switched over to vegetarian meals through the week. I also started a YouTube channel. I don't want to look back and think about things I wish I had done when I had more time. I also got really into watching TV shows again. Not super productive, but enjoyable nonetheless, especially because binge watching is a thing and there are so many good shows.

We had this crazy spike in temps over the weekend so we spent a day at the pool, and I started a new exercise program called Barre Blend. Hopefully, I've given my knees enough of a break after Bikini Body Guide. MJ has been on planes and done a bit of travel mostly for business, but we have not yet booked a trip nor do we have any plans for one yet. I hope that changes soon. I've been so fortunate to have done so much travel over the years. When it all came to a stop I dealt with it pretty well, BUT I am ready to get back out there. Hopefully 2021 will bring us a trip. 

I don't even know what the point of this post is except to say Christmas was great, and I'm still around! Also, every Christmas since 2009 has been documented here on this blog and while I won't make any promises for Christmas 2021 I had to finish out a decade (plus!) of Christmas blog posts. I did not fix my blog over break, so the picture thumbnail for this post probably won't show up in the "You Might Also Like" section at the bottom of other related posts and it's going to annoy me so badly! Ugh. It's only been happening on recent posts and I think it might have something to do with when I embedded a YouTube video at the top of a post one time. I think it confused the code somehow. I've been putting it off because I'm not totally sure how to fix it. 

I made a Christmas Break vlog if you want to check it out. Hope everyone is off to a great start to 2021.

2 comments

  1. I’m glad you enjoyed Christmas! I enjoy reading your blog. Here’s to a wonderful 2021!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect break! It’s weird having work and home the same. We aren’t slated to be back in the office until June 14th and I’m not sad about it. Even when I do go back, it’ll probably only be for a few times each month which is fine by me. My dog loves having me home, laundry is done on my lunch, I don’t have to pack a lunch, there’s no commute, I’ve supplied my wardrobe with mainly hoodies, sweatpants and leggings, both myself and my hubby are still employed and we are all healthy. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.