Empty Fridge and Mutant Carrots

It's time for a confessions post.

I confess that I don't understand the elf on the shelf thing.  Is it just this really skinny elf that you take pictures of in different places?  If so why?

 I confess that we have a missing TV remote that we have both stopped looking for.  The last one that went missing turned up after about a month so I imagine this one will too.

I confess that I was almost late to work one day because I couldn't figure out if the stripes on my dress were white or off white.  I didn't know which leggings to wear!!  Inside they looked off white but when I went outside they looked white.  I grabbed the white leggings and took them to work with me because I couldn't make up my mind and I had to get out of there.  

Our sad empty refrigerator
I confess that we've been eating out a lot!!  And when I say eating out I really mean picking up food and bringing it home.  It's usually Subway on Wednesday's and Santana's on Friday but last week I had Subway three nights in a row.  We literally ate out Monday through Saturday.  We stick to healthier options (unless we go with pizza which is only occasionally) but our sodium count definitely goes up.  I was solid for four weeks.  I cooked every Sunday and then I quit.  I stepped up to the plate and made Chili this week.  I know.  ME?  Santana's is on the menu for tonight and we'll see what happens next week.

I confess that I recorded and watched four episodes of Prison Wives Club.  It's so bad.  In my defense, the DVR has been empty for months and I was desperate for something to watch.  I used to be able to count on House Hunters for something new but even that is done.  Over Thanksgiving break I decided to get hooked on Red Band Society since it was on Hulu.  The show is really good.  There is nothing trashy about it-my only confession on it is that I watched nine episodes in two days.  There are so many good shows I'm not watching but I really, really try not to get involved with too many.  It becomes difficult to keep up with and I end up feeling bad about myself when I spend too much time in front of the TV.  There are still a few shows left that we watch together, but most of what I watch on my own is out of season so for the time being I have NOTHING.  This is a really good time to get into some books. 

I confess that we had a fruit fly infestation.  We have no idea how it started but one day there were just a few of these tiny little gnat like flies and each day there were more and more.   MJ googled it and made a trap to kill them off but it took a few weeks for the last one to finally disappear.  I haven't seen one in a few days so hopefully we are in the clear.

I confess that I take pictures of my mutant carrots before I eat them because they are just so bizarre looking.  It's funny because when I show my mom she wants to know if I ate it.  Of course I did!  It only looks funny; but they taste like any other carrot.  I guess it was some kind of factory malfunction but they deserve to be treated normally just like all the other carrots.  Right?

Well, it's been a long week and it's raining right now but I'm not going to complain like I usually do because our state is in the middle of a serious drought.  We need this, so I have to get over myself.

13 comments

  1. Your white/off-white debacle is too funny. I don't know if I would have even noticed :) Our fridge looked like that for a while too. I hate going to the grocery story! Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Red Band Society, too. It is like Grey's Anatomy without McSteamy and McDreamy, and all the adult stuff. I have a confession, I would've eaten the carrot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Red Band Society but I heard it wasn't being renewed- so disappointing! And I totally went through a phase where I ate Subway multiple times a week. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fruit flies are the worst! I hope your hubby used the trap with the plastic wrap. it works really well. We used to get them at our old house a lot...bananas... man

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your confessions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have nothing in our fridge either! I think you may have a tad bit more than we do!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never understood the Elf on the Shelf until this year. We still don't have one (and I swore I never would!) but I bet by next year we totally will! It's all about the kids, man. I can totally see how Mia would die over the excitement of finding the elf and laughing at all the silly things. We would totally do it for her (not pinterest or blog world like it seems like most do) I can totally see why everyone jumped on board though. So much fun for the littles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking up at your mutant carrots because I would've trashed it!!! LOL. I have two children but we don't do the Elf on the Shelf, I just don't want to place one more thing on my to do list that I'll feel obligation to have to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the whole elf on the shelf thing is for little kids who still believe in Santa. From what I understand, you tell them the elf is from the North Pole and says he is watching you and reporting back to Santa. I think you are suppose to move it around so the child feels like he/she is being watched. I think thats the idea....it works...so I hear

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have definitely ran late because of a closet issue. I am a bit afraid of the mutated carrot! I am thinking with all the pesticides and preservatives that are in our produce supply that it was able to have that mutation.

    Fruit flies. Hate. Them. I googled traps too and, like you, it took several days to get rid of them and now if I even see one I make sure the bananas or any other produce that would be on the counter stays in a plastic bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh things like that totally freak me out!! i recently stocked up on food and can't wait to cook and bake all holiday long!! At least i hope that's how it turns out! i was thinking of watching the Prison Wives club..maybe i won't now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I love this! I have no idea what the eff "Elf on a Shelf" is either - and I work with kids now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy your confession posts :). I am a mom with little kids and though I get the point of the elf on the shelf thing I just don't buy into it. It is supposed to be used to watch the kids to make suer they are good prior to Christmas and keep then in line. Whatever, I have to do all the work so I say "no" to that but I think the parents who love it have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.