Staycation Mode

I'm in serious staycation mode and apparently that means no blogging.  My last day of work was December 22nd and I don't go back until January 5th.

So what have I been doing?

Tis the season for cute ankle boots // Aldo
Spending a crap ton of money which WILL happen even if you buy nothing else if you buy your husband an iPad.  There was a spa visit and dinners out.  I have this habit of deciding I need things after Thanksgiving which is the same time I also need to by things for other people.  It was all fun and games until I saw my credit card balance.  I paid my credit card off and will start fresh with being more conservative in January.
A photo posted by Cece (@pinksunshine94) on
Reading as many books as I can.  The library and very specifically, that library transports me to my broke single years when I lived alone in my condo and spent hours and hours reading alone in my cozy little studio.  The library was free and I had a lot of free time on my hands so I was there every single month combing the stacks for something new.  I hadn't been in so long that I had a $4.00 fine from 2010.  Good thing they don't charge interest or send you to collections.  Incidentally, 2010 is when life got very busy for me.  MJ came home from an 11 month deployment, we bought a house and got married.  Then I discovered DVR and it was all over after that.  Life gets so busy that I may or may not make library trips a regular thing but this staycation was the perfect time to go back.  Hopefully I'll do more reading in 2015.  I missed it!

Watching Married at First Sight.  With the help of experts three arranged marriages are set up and the couples meet on their wedding day when they walk down the aisle.  Crazy right?  But so fascinating.  I stumbled upon this on my Direct TV app, recorded all the episodes and finished most of it in two days.  It's a really interesting reality show that actually seems real and not full of wanna be actresses that signed up for the free vacations.  Each episode has really interesting insight about making a marriage work and it's a pretty interesting social experiment to watch unfold.  Jason and Courtney are my favorite couple.  They are so cute!!

Finding my motivation for working out.  Any motivation I was still hanging onto left me in the dust about last month.  I fought it, but once the holidays hit and it started to get chilly it was gone and I decided that was okay.   If I work out I work out and if I don't...well, clearly life goes on.  I am fitting in as many morning yoga classes as I can at the gym and we will see what happens in the new year.

Enjoying quality time with MJ.  He worked only one more day than me so last week was a staycation for both of us.  On Christmas Eve Eve we wasted $26 bucks on this Winter Wonderland holiday event downtown that was pretty much worthless unless you had a gaggle of kids.  At least we got to see a Reindeer.  I don't even care because it was one of those warm balmy nights (yes, in December) that I can't get enough of.  We strolled around downtown on a Tuesday-which felt strange, until we found a place to eat with outdoor seating and drink specials.  Wasted money or not it was a fun night.  Playstation was down for two wonderful days which was great for me and our quality time but not so great for a man who is addicted to Destiny.

Wearing lots of pajamas with my fuzzy flowered 10 year old grandma robe.  I eat breakfast, run errands and/or work out and then jump into my jammies for the rest of the night.  We made it until after Christmas without the heat.  Which is also the day I thought it was Friday and showed up 24 hours late for yoga on Saturday morning.  I walked right out when I realized I was the only idiot there with a yoga mat and did a yoga DVD at home.  We always have a contest to see who can last the longest without heat and for the second time in a row he broke first.  It's not that I don't get as cold as him it's just that I am more willing to suffer if it will save money.

Cleansing my closet.  It was time and I was finally ready.  I told MJ that I will probably be wearing these same clothes for the next twenty years.  I think I did pretty good, but I still have a lot of clothes and I'm not into shopping for sport anymore so I don't expect my wardrobe to change that much in the near future.  I'll still buy things when needed but I can't add much ESPECIALLY if I'm not willing to part with anything else.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to wear every single thing I own over the next year and if I STILL have things I haven't worn I will re evaluate next year.

Organizing my iPhotos.  After five years my MacBook finally died but not before it was reset to factory settings and wiped in a last ditch effort to save it.  Nothing was not backed up in the time capsule as it was supposed to be.  I got a new one six months ago but, I lost all documents.  MJ was able to recover what I think is most of my pics but they are all just randomly thrown in there with no rhyme or reason.  It's a big project I've been putting off for months



Christmas was different this year being that it was just the two of us but it was still good.  I got everything I wanted plus a few extra's that MJ surprised me with.  That afternoon we went to the movies to see Exodus, which was really good.  See it.  So good!!  Then we went straight to dinner and spent a quiet evening at home.  We intend to do the same for New Year's Eve minus the movie.

I have one more glorious week that remains before it's time to go back to work and I'm going to enjoy it.  Now, to catch up on some blog reading.

18 comments

  1. So jealous of your immensely long Christmas break! We got Wednesday-Friday off last week and the same schedule this week. The worst part about breaks from work is the first full week back.. Hope you have an amazing New Year's Eve!!

    xo, K
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good staycation. Enjoy your days off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the boots, I've been on the lookout for some "combat like" boots and these you shown may fit the bill, I really like. Also, I watched Married at First Sight on FYI a few months ago and I LOVED the show..I think its a great concept and worth a shot, something fun for a single person with no kids to try out--hey why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a nice long break. Enjoy the rest of your days off. As long as you spent it together is all that really counts. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like the perfect celebration of Christmas and having a break. It's always good when you can just relax and take time for yourself but also fit some productivity in there too. I love your new ankle boots and I've been wanting to read Girl in Translation so I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are enjoying your nice, long break! Don't you wish you had time for some of these things more often? Love Married at First Sight.... so crazy, yet so good. Married at First Sight: The First Year is coming soon! Love your Aldo boots too.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that you had a nice and productive break! I love the library so it is nice to find other library folks. Enjoy the staycation! Hope you have a great 2015 with lots of adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just emailed a bunch of my girlfriends a few days ago that I plan on re-launching a book club in 2015. I miss reading SO much! You should do a post on your top books, I'm always looking for something new to read

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great! I can't believe you guys have not turned on the heat yet!!! I'm a baby...our's has been off and on for a month!! Today is so chilly. Enjoy the rest of your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to say happy new year, dear! I love the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the library. I've always been a big reader and I have realized within the past year how much the library has saved me, in regards to finances and keeping myself occupied. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did the Christmas stay cation thing last year and I loved it. Sometimes you need the recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love a good staycation. I am slightly jealous of all the time off you are getting during the holiday season. My hubby got off from the 22nd also and won't go back until the 5th. That's a nice vacation right there.

    Enjoy the rest of your staycation, it looks like you are making the most of it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love traveling but I know that I could use a really good staycation to get all my pending To-Do's done! Sounds like you have a great schedule and I'm so happy for you!

    I've been reading a ton these last 2 weeks. And I've seen a few episodes of Married At First Sight. Somehow, despite being out of reality TV work-wise, I can't seem to stop watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cece,

    I hope you have had the most amazing vacation!

    Sending you warm wishes in 2015~!

    Merrie K. @ www.PetiteCareerGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel ya...I bought Will an iPad too and woooooooh that credit card bill was high, haha. I want to cutback right now too. We've just been spending so much lately and I don't want to form bad habits. Especially since the eating out isn't good for us. Yay for free library books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of a staycation. Those boots are SO, so good.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.