Do I Really Have To Go Back To Work?

Today is the last day of Winter Break.  I knew it was coming but somehow I have still managed to be in disbelief that I have to go to work tomorrow.  After 12 days.  The horror!  And the fact that it's supposed to rain makes it even more delightful.  I've felt bad watching Mj get up and go to work every day while I sleep in but oh how wonderful it was not to have to do it myself.  I have enjoyed each and every nano second of every TV watching, magazine reading, hanging out with family, house cleaning, and gym going day.  That's right I said gym! I went to the gym four times last week.  Not only did I enjoy it I actually looked forward to it.  This from a person who hadn't step foot in the gym in over a year!!  All I can say is that The Lady of Leisure lifestyle suits me well.  It is everything I dreamed it would be and more.  I have time for errands, for house cleaning, for relaxing, cooking and the gym.  Not once have I felt overloaded, worn out or even bored.  Granted, one might find it gets boring after a while but I'm pretty good at keeping myself occupied and it's got to be better then 40 hours a week in the office.
The only pic I got of me!!

Mj and his buddy L
New Year's Eve was fun!  One of Mj's friend L hosted a Soul Food potluck.  Mj made yams which I absolutely do not eat but it was OK because there was plenty of other fattening yummy foods to indulge in.  We had a really fun time.  Just a small group of people.  I'm usually at home in my pajamas by midnight on New Year's Eve so it was nice to do something different this year.   I only had a bit of wine and champagne.  Due to Mj's 10 beers and excessive sobriety check points I drove home. 

Saturday and Sunday has mostly just been all about relaxing.  I spent a lot of time in my jammies.  I made sure to get all of my house cleaning done on Thursday so that I could just ride out the weekend without having house work to think about.  I went to the gym, picked up a few groceries and and gassed up the car yesterday.  I'm about as ready for work as I will ever be.  I worked on our wedding album on Shutterfly for hours today.  It's finally just about done.  We're making Mexican Pizza tonight for dinner....I should probably get started on that. 

As for New Year's resolutions.  I'm not really into them so much.  There are only three things that I would like to keep up with as we roll into the new year.  I want to continue being active at the gym or otherwise.  It's so important and despite time restraints and fatigue I need to make it a priority.  I also want to take some classes at the community college and continue on with learning Spanish using Rosetta Stone.  Oh, and one more.  Just to continue to nurture the things that are important in my life.  Namely, my family, my marriage and myself.  Everything else will follow. 

11 comments

  1. I am not ready for my vacation to end either, I have one more day left. I could very easily be a lady of leisure! Shopping, napping, sleeping... sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Hope things are smooth and easy for you back at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you on resolutions...i just want to be balanced in the midst of chaos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your time off was well spent! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have told the hubby 5 times on the way to work that I wanted to go home. Hope you have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. from one lady of leisure to another, bleh for back to work! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh, so jealous of your vacation but glad you enjoyed it!

    i hate yams too, just had to say that. hate them!

    gym 4 days last week, that's awesome! my goal is to make 4 or 5 days to the gym this week! i hope i can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be a lady of leisure...or at least I say so until I have too much time on my hands and I start going a bit stir-crazy!

    Great job on getting to the gym! I'm sure you can keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go back to school on Monday and I feel your pain! I've THOROUGHLY enjoyed every single NANO second of every day vegging on the couch watching Supernatural reruns... I got a thing for the Winchester brothers.

    I hope you're back on the routine and doing well, my friend:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! I am glad you had a good vacation 12 days wow! It does suck to go back!

    Ugg the gym I its calling to me too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not big on resolutions either! How do you like Rosetta Stone? I've got the Instant Immersion CDs for Italian and love them, but am considering upping my game and moving to Rosetta Stone for Spanish.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.