An Award for Me

I got an award!!  Adorably Distracted gave me the Versatile Blogger award.  I love her blog because it's real.  She tells it like it is and that's that.  No sugar coating required.  Getting an award for being versatile seems sort of ironic at the moment because lately I feel like I never have anything interesting to write about.  Well, at least now I do!  I love it that the questions do not require soul searching or totally profound answers.  I always get stumped on those and never know what to write.  These I can do.


Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions*
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy*
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award
Disclaimer:  I must add this note because I don't want anyone to feel obligated to answer the questions and/or pass it on.  Awards are great and all but not everyone is into it.  I will not be offended and will still happily read your blog!

The Questions:
1.  Why did you create this blog?
I didn't do it for a specific purpose but just because it's what I do.  I can't help but write.  As soon as I discovered blogging I wanted in!  I love writing AND I love it that here I get to share my writing and read the writing of others as well.  I have diaries dating back to age 10!  I journaled all through middle school, high school and college.  That's a lot of writing, a lot of spiral notebooks and a heck of a lot of secrets.   I always joke that I want to have them buried with me.  It's hilarious to go back and read them and I love it that I actually have a running narration of my whole life.  To satisfy that need I still have a secret journal online.   I will always be writing something somewhere.
2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
I tend to follow blogs of people who I can identify with and who are in a similar state in life as me.  It's fun to see the goings on of others all over.  There is reality TV where we kind of get to peek inside the lives of others but that's actually not reality.  Watching the Kardsashians jet off to New York or Miami and buy things I can only dream about isn't the real world for me. 

3. Favorite make-up brand?
Mac and Clinique.  I also like my Rimmel London mascara.
4. Favorite clothing brand?
I love Express and The Limited...when I have coupons.  I haven't been to H & M in a while but I like their clothes too.
5. Indispensable makeup product?
Blush.  Even on days where I wear nothing else which is most of the time I sweep some blush over my cheeks and it gives me a nice glow.
6. Favorite color?
PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Favorite perfume?
I LOVE Burberry and Glo by J Lo.
8. Favorite film?
Some favorites are Brokedown Palace, Return to Paradise, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake with Jessica Biel in it).  I'm a horror movie nut.
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
Italy and Greece.  I would like to go to both if I ever get the chance to go to Europe.  They both look so beautiful in pictures and TV.  I want to see it and experience it for myself.
10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
I'd rather forget blush.  It's easier to wipe off the other cheek.  That is if I realize it!

I really haven't added too many new blogs to my blog roll lately so I will pass this award along to some I think are somewhat newer then others at least!


Kristin in America:  She just did some awesome recaps of her awesome backyard wedding and is now making the transition from living in Japan to being back in the US of A.
Fitting Back In:  This is actually my newest addition to my blog roll.  She is a married gal who exercises regularly AND she cooks up a storm.  Basically, an inspiration!  If I ever am at a loss for a recipe I KNOW I can find something on her site.
The Chocolate Knot:  A fairly new newly wed like a lot of my readers.  She blogs about a lot of relationship stuff even with her busy schedule.
Lovely Little Details:  I've actually followed this one for a while but Jacin has totally revamped her website and has turned into quite the wedding blogger.  She even created the love for planning her own wedding into a business and she styles weddings now.  Amazing!!
In Sickness and In Health:  I have followed her other blog for a while and she recently created this one to document her husband's fight with cancer.  They are both so young but they have an incredible attitude about what they are being forced to deal with.  My heart goes out to them and I wish only the best for her husband's quick recovery.

6 comments

  1. aw thanks lady!!! will pull this together tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love read more about you and thanks so much for the sweet comment about my back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously just made my day. It's been a rough week at work! I'll post mine a little later this evening. Thanks soooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! congrats on your award! you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for passing it on to me! :) You totally deserve this award, I love hearing your stories. When I think back, I think your reason for writing and mine are the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet! Thank you for leaving me a note and I apologize it took me so long to get back to you - this week was bad at work and it impacted all areas of my life - boo.

    Congrats on winning the award though - well deserved! :) And I heart your disclaimer - SO cute. I plan to post this tomorrow or early next week. Thanks again girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.