Tuesday Tidbits [01/11/11]

  • Bridalplasty is down to just a few brides!!  I'm hoping they all get together and put Jenessa in her place.  OUT!  I Can't believe I watch this show.  It's a little embarrassing actually.
  • Still debating over The Bachelor.  I quit many seasons ago when it stretched to two unnecessary hours.  I half watched it while making Chili on Sunday and the new one is in my DVR.  Do I really want the time commitment?
  • Hubby LOVED my Chili!  I know this because he went back for seconds AND took some for lunch the next day and said it tasted even better.
  • My tenant was served eviction court documents last month the week of Christmas.  I know, way harsh-but she's the one not paying rent.  Anyhow, it's supposed to take about 6 weeks to evict.  I'm scared to see what the place looks like.
  • Last Friday I went to happy hour with some friends.  I had a blast, drank a bundle and ate way too much yummy cheese.  It's the only time and place that we seem to get together.  So much fun! 
  • I love hanging with my family.  Mj had drill last weekend so I went to mom's on Saturday.  My big sis did too.  We literally just "hung" out.  We went to the grocery store, picked up Subway for dinner and took turns holding DJ. 
  • Poor hubby got his iPhone stolen on Saturday night.  He JUST bought the sucker too.  Without contract prices it's $500 bucks!  Nasty.  He spent about $900 in iPhones within the last two months between his, mine and the replacement.  I would have been an inconsolable wreck but he just bought the new one and moved on.  No whining or crying involved.
  • Speaking of which.  Is it possible to be in love with a phone?  If so then consider me smitten.  I really didn't know what I was missing until I got it.  I love my i phone! 
  • It looks like I'm "back" in the gym now.  Hopefully for good!  I went twice last week and yesterday after work.  600 calories burned last night and I'm going back for more tonight. 
  • Fiber 1 is the bomb!  I've been eating just 1/2 cup of the original dry or in yogurt for only about a week now and let's just say that I feel like a "regular" girl for the first time in...well EVER!   The side perk is that it is actually filling.  I eat it at lunch and I'm not rooting around in my desks for junk to get me through the rest of the day.
  • My wedding album is FINALLY done.  I kept staring at it and changing things excessively but I am going to order it from Shutterfly tonight because their current sale ends on the 12th.
  • My new job is going well.  It's been about 2 1/2 months and I manged to make the transition without completely freaking out...which is what I usually do because new jobs tend to scare the hell out of me.  I guess that's what happens when you stay at your first job out of college for 7 years.  I may still get confused in meetings and there is still a lot I don't know but I think I'm right on track and that they don't regret picking me.
  • I am just on week 2 after a 12 day break from work.  Why do I feel like I need the upcoming 3 day weekend so badly?

13 comments

  1. There is no such thing as too much cheese! And now that I have an iPhone, I have no idea how I lived without one before lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A lot of information here. I hope your tenant doesn't leave the place in too bad of a condition :( If she isn't paying rent though, she has got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm watching the Bachelor. I can't help it. Best wishes with your place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched about 1/2 of the first Bachelor and threw in the towel - the guy is way too touchy feeling for my taste!

    And too bad for your tenant - you shouldn't have to serve an eviction notice to anyone so you shouldn't feel badly about it!

    I love my iPhone too...despite telling my husband I wouldn't....

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, that stinks! i hope the tenant left your condo is good condition.

    as for the Bachelor, i am surprised that i have never been into that show. i have no idea why esp. since i love trashy reality shows.

    MJ is awesome for not complaining about his iPhone being stolen. i def. would have shed some huge tears.

    Glad MJ loved your chili!!! look @ you ... i've never made chili!

    yes, i think it is possible to be smitten with your phone. hubs has the Droid and you would think it was his bestfriend. i sometimes want to take it for an hour and see what happens, haha.

    glad the new job is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my friends is going through the same situation with a tenant. I hope it is much easier for you. I am glad to hear that the new job is going well. Thanks for the tidbits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bridalplasty freaks me out – I just can’t watch it.
    My hubby makes the BEST CHILI EVER!!! Thanks for the reminder… he’ll be making it very soon now, lol!
    You had to evict someone? Yikes! I don’t think I’d ever have the courage to do that.
    Thanks for sharing what’s going on with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't watched The Bachelor since Andrew Firestone was on it. LOL

    Sounds like you need to post your chili recipe. :)

    I def. need the 3-day week... um, even if I do take a grown-up snow day tomorrow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little blog!

    xo
    jess
    http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another phone stolen? Jerks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummm chilli!!! I need to make that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am on the fence about the bach too! Its on my DVR so we will see if I get into it.

    $900 in phones WOW but you do need it regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Read the first sentence of this post and burst into laughter. I LOVE Bridalplasty. Why? Not sure. It's a hot mess. Like a trainwreck, you know you probably shouldn't watch, but just can't look away : )

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.