It's My Story

I meant to write this post last week.  Just like we meant to take down the Christmas tree.  At least we don't turn on the lights anymore.  It WILL come down this weekend.  For sure.

I want to take a moment to say thank you for the wonderful and kind comments I received on my blog post What A Decade It's Been.  First, let me back up and say thanks for reading my blog at all.  A lot of you commented on how honest and real that post was.  That it's brave to just put it all out there.  Me strong?  I never felt that way.  Ever.  But thank you so much for saying so and making me realize that maybe I am.  I  left some things out of course, but it's the general gist of that period in my life.  At the time I would have been way to embarrassed to discuss what I was going through but now that it's behind me I'm not afraid.   I'm not that person anymore.  Like it or not it's a part of me and what got me to where I am today.  Not exactly my proudest moments but it happened and I AM proud that I managed to overcome it.

For so long I believed that I didn't deserve happiness.  I thought it was something that only smiled upon others but that I should never expect it for myself.  The last two years have proved that theory all wrong.  The majority of the decade was pretty miserable but things really did turn around for me.  I am just so darn thrilled that things are different now.  It's my story and it just felt right that I share it on my blog, ugly details and all.

11 comments

  1. Ugh, I need to take down all the Christmas cards. Your blog is always a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I can totally relate to this post! And THANK YOU for your encouraging words on what to do with my pictures. It's nice hearing from someone who's been there.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i almost cried putting away all the Christmas stuff but hubby made me. it was the hardest putting the cards in the box!

    i am glad that the last few years have been amazing for you. thanks for sharing your story. incredibly brave and so honest. i felt after reading that post that i knew you just a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read that post so I'm going back to now but I have to say that my mom still had her tree up and I was like what.are.you.doing??? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read the post and commented over there but you are a great and beautiful person! I'm glad you've found happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have to take down the Xmas stuff... ughh.

    P.S. I think you are awesome, also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might sound cheeze but it's the road we travel that gets us to where we are... and you're in a pretty wonderful place in your life with MJ. :)

    P.S. - we have those blow up Christmas decor things in the yard but they've covere in 3ft of snow, so they're staying put for a while. Or at least until the snow melts enough that you can saee them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - sorry for the typos. My comp's freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more I write on my blog the more I don't feel like I need to censor my thoughts either - I think it's great you feel the same way!

    On my last post my husband asked me why I continue to air all of my insecurities but honestly, it helps me and I think it helps others. Just as your post helped me! So thank you for that.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to take down our Christmas tree as well and it's a live one. SMH.

    BTW, I think one of the greatest things that we can share with one another is how we overcome our own individual hardships. You never know who you will inspire or touch and you're bound to do it. It's always refreshing to know that "youre not the only one" that feels as you do.

    So, thank you for that. =)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.