Meet you in Barcelona

Things were a little different around here with the husband gone. For starters, there was no cooking so the kitchen did not see much use. If I had to make a stop after work it didn't bother me much because it didn't feel like there was anything to rush home to. There's nobody home but me so what difference does it make? The AC was off way more then it was on and there was nothing out of place. As much as I  loved our clutter free house I would rather trip over 5 pairs of shoes a day and wear sweaters and blankets so I don't freeze to death then to have him be so far away for too long. I miss him. I miss us watching movies and cuddling. I miss seeing his cute face when I get home from work and acting silly together. It was only 6 weeks this time.  I can say only because a couple of years ago it was 11. Months.  When he was in Germany we still got to talk and Skype but for the last three weeks he was in Croatia.  I've been feeling totally cut off and it's kind of frustrating.  There are things I want to tell him but can't get across via text.  I have really important things to ask him like whether we should go to Marseilles or Aix En Provence and why or if he could tell me just one more time how to start his new car with the block for a key.  Should I be offended that he reminded me to open the garage door before I ran the engine or just find it sweet that he doesn't want me to die?

Months of research and anticipation have come down to this.  I have a folder full of boarding passes, train tickets, hotel confirmations, self written tour guides and itineraries.  I am nothing if not organized and prepared.  It's funny because Mj has almost no idea of what we're doing on this trip because I planned it all and haven't been able to discuss any of the final details with him.  It'll be a nice surprise for him.  I still cannot believe that I am going to Europe.  Like a wedding, an awesome honeymoon and buying a house it's one more thing that I just figured I would never get to do but like all those others it has become reality.  Mj has been by my side for all of it.  I don't know what I would do without him in my life.

Dropping him off at the airport not only began the six week countdown until I'd get to see him again but also to our vacation. Saying good bye at the airport that morning sucked but it was so cool to be able to say "Meet you in Barcelona" and actually mean it. I felt like I was in a movie.  A really cool romantic comedy; until I drove home, went to back to sleep and nothing all that exciting happened when I woke up. The only good thing about being separated are the heart swooning reunions and I think this might be our best one yet. The only thing that would make it more romantic is if we were reuniting in the romantic city of Paris instead of Barcelona but that's okay because we'll be there just a week later.  I can totally picture it my head.  We'll be hand in hand staring up at the Eiffel Tower.  Together.

8 comments

  1. I got goosebumps reading this. So happy and excited for you and MJ's reunion! You're going to have the most incredible time! I'm very, very excited to see your pictures. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! so excited for you!! I know the feeling! Enjoy your sweet time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty romantic..it will be even better when you meet again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. Everyone should read this as a reminder of what love looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very romantic is it going to be to meet him in Barcelona!? So jealous! I can't wait to see pictures from the trip! Until then, try to enjoy the warm and clean house! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Touching read. Yes, it did remind me of a romantic film and left me rooting for the moment where you and your husband are reunited.

    It also made me recall my military days circa early/mid 90s where there was no text nor Skype. Only long letters which took seemingly forever to travel back and forth and a collection of expensive phone bills. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having an amazing time and I am looking forward to pictures and stories about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chills right now! I felt the EXACT same way when Will first left. I could have written that first paragraph myself. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I have said those statements to several people. You guys are going to have SO much fun, and I CAN'T wait to see all the pictures. EEK. I'm giddy with anticipation. Enjoy yourself and don't hurry home....but hurry home. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.