He Bought a Juicer

Freshly Juiced Orange Juice
And when I say HE bought a juicer I guess I mean WE bought a juicer but he was the one who picked it out and brought it home and I will probably never use it.  Or so I thought.  He did his research and decided that the Omega VRT350  was the one he wanted to get.  The day he bought it he stopped at the grocery store and came home with tons of fruits and veggies so he could get started right away.  I was fine with tasting the fruity stuff.  Not one to be adventurous when it comes to tasting new foods I refused the green stuff.  I wasn't saying that I'd never taste it just that I couldn't deal with it right then so he would leave me alone.  It bought me some time but I knew he wouldn't give up.  A few days later he asked again.  I sighed and made a dramatic face but took a sip anyways and you know what?  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought a bunch of juiced up veggies would be.  In fact, it actually tasted pretty good.
Juicer Parts
I was worried about having some giant bulky thing sitting on the counter but this one is pretty slim. As long as the item fits through the hole there is no need to chop it any smaller then that so there isn't a whole lot of cutting required.  If the skin is bitter like Oranges you should probably peel it.  There is one chute for refuse and another chute for juice.  All the parts come apart very easily for washing.  The only con is that it's hard to clean the ejection area for the side where all the refuse comes out.  It comes with a little brush for that and it really doesn't take that long but you do have to get in there and scrub it.  That being said, is juicing time consuming?  Overall, I'd say yes but then again I think doing almost anything in the kitchen is time consuming.  You have to get the produce, wash it, do some chopping, thread it through the juicer, then rinse out all the parts and that does take some time. 


50 second video of the juicer in action

So, since we have a juicer we figured we might as well try a juice fast.  It's been 3 days now.  I haven't eaten solid food since Sunday evening.  Mj gave in and ate a bagel yesterday.  He literally could not continue to work unless he ate.  I'm still going.  I'll assess how I feel today and then decide if I'll continue.  If you see another giant cheesy Pizza or a pile of Chocolate in my Instagram feed you will know I threw in the towel.

 
Bloglovin' // Twitter // Facebook // Instagram

14 comments

  1. You get hungry because you are cutting back on the carbs, notice what he went for, a bagel LOL. The problem with juicing is that fruits have tons of sugars, which means not a whole lot of weight loss but at least you get good nutrients.

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to juice; the clean up was way too time consuming.
    While juicing is good all that refuse is fiber which makes you feel full and keeps you regular.
    So I started blending and its a win/win - cleanup is easier and i get my fiber.
    enjoy it until you cant stand the cleanup unless MJ always does the cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, kudos to you- I don't know if I could swing just juice for even one day! I've been drinking a green smoothie every morning though, and I am pretty darn proud of that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge juice fan! Right now, I'm doing one green juice a day. SOmetimes in the morning, sometimes in the evenings. Yes, you do have to worry about how much fruit you use, but I use mostly vegetables, and then add one apple so that I can actually drink it. I find the apple and lemon gets it sweet enough with a tangy twist from all the veggies (cucumber, celery, carrot, romaine, spinach, ginger, lemon)
    I've done a few juice fasts, and they always help kick start my weight loss. It's actually not THAT bad but I do agree that you just miss eating food, like so so much. It's a lot of mental strength, since it's not so much out of hunger. Maybe I'll do one again next month. Oooo can we do one together?? Perhaps it will keep me more accountable if I have a partner??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting a juicer! How much was this one? I would like to have one so that I can have juice like once a day or something. I could never last on just juice, probably even for one day. Does it keep you full? I can't wait to hear about it after today. I think I would feel hungry and blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! No solid foods since Sunday? You're good! I don't think I could go a day. That's funny I just emailed you to ask you what did you mean. At first I thought you meant you were juicing your jelly beans. Yeah, I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this juicer looks pretty cool, i've never used one. but i hear they are great for your health and it's awesome that you're trying a fast of sorts. and you look like a model in your "about" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mm, I`ve never used a juicer before, but they do intrigue me. I don`t drink juice very often so it wouldn`t be worth it to get one, but I would love to try some of the fresh juice- fresh orange juice, maybe fresh pear juice- yum! I hope you enjoy using it!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! You definitely have more willpower than me...I think I would've given in and had a cheeseburger on day one. We have a juicer but never use it :( I need to get it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh..I've wanted a juicer forever but I can't get myself to pull the trigger and spend the money! Love this--looking forward to reading more recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! Wow, good luck with the juice fast. I'd be going crazy, but I know it's healthy in a way.

    I highly recommend "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," a documentary about a man who lost weight through a juice fast. He also helped another man do the same. It's a really good story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just need to get a juicer. Seriously though. We hand-squeeze oranges. And it's getting old. Haha! I'm definitely going to have to get one. Also, your blog is super cute. Glad I found you today!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want one, but I just know that it would end up stuck under a cabinet! Looks awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.