How I Celebrate April Fool's Day

I really couldn't have asked for a better Birthday weekend.  Five day staycation.  The weather was perfect and filled with simple things that I enjoy and a lot of me time.  Friday was Yoga in the morning, a coffee shop in the afternoon where I made some good progress on my novel and happy hour in the evening.  All things I love.

Saturday I woke up and cleaned house while Mj was at football and then we went to a local Farmers Market down the street.  It was a really small one so there weren't a ton of booths but so many of them had things that we wanted.  We went expecting to buy some fruit but ended up finding a whole lot more then that plus, eating some delicious foods too.  We might go there again for lunch next weekend!

Me and my nephew
My Chocolate on Chocolate Birthday Cake from Ralph's Grocery Store
My mom, sister and nephew came down and spent most of the day with us.  We spent some time outside in the backyard enjoying the sun and then went to dinner at Sammy's Woodfired Pizza.  I hadn't been there in a really long time.  I'm not sure why because their Pizza is really good.  All of our eyes were bigger then our stomachs.  We each ordered an appetizer when we found out they were 1/2 off and then ended up taking more food home in boxes then we actually ate in the restaurant.  But that's okay because we love left overs.  I've had so many Birthday's that having my mom, sister and Mj sing Happy Birthday to me felt kinda lame so I skipped it.  I did not however opt out of cake, ice cream and presents.  I got the same chocolate cake that we had on my Mom's Birthday because it was just that good.

Clinique eyeliner from my lil' sister

Mom, me, my sister


I'm an April Fool's baby.  Mj was at work so I spent all day Monday on my own.  I went to the gym first thing in the morning and did one very sweaty hour on the elliptical.  I was so excited to use my new Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor that Mj got me for my Birthday.  Then I went into recovery and relaxation mode with a manicure pedicure.  My nails were a raggedy hot mess.  It's been way longer then I care to admit since the last time they had any grooming.  My toes are this really cool pearly grey color.  I'd show them to you except I hate my feet.  I stopped over at Starbucks for some coffee and blogging time.  Then, I went over to the spa for an amazing 1 hour facial.  My skin was glowing and I felt so relaxed when I walked out of there.   Dinner was left over five cheese Pizza from Sammy's and wine.  I even fit in a random Indy chick flick.
Started the day with the gym //  New Polar FT4 HRM // 532 calories burned on the Elliptical

Nails Did // Blogging at Starbucks // Fresh from my facial // Left over's for dinner
It was a leisurely day where I had time for everything I wanted to do because the only thing on the agenda was ME.  There was no traffic.  No rushing around.  No fatigue.  No stiff neck and back from sitting at a desk in front of a computer for eight hours.  Just me in my yoga pants and flip flops wearing no make up with my hair slicked back in a wet bun and a day totally committed to doing whatever the hell I wanted when I wanted to do it.  Working on your Birthday is for the birds.  I am so glad I skipped out on it and focused on me instead.

I'm NEVER going back to work.  Now that's an April Fool's Day joke.
 
Bloglovin' // Twitter // Facebook // Instagram

16 comments

  1. SO glad you had a great birthday and a fantastic day off. Sounds like the most perfect day to me.

    I haven't been to Sammy's Pizza! I think I need to try it out.

    And Ralphs has the best cakes, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friends birthday was yesterday too! I completely forgot to blog her birthday, oops!

    Looks like a great weekend! That chocolate cake looks amazing! You mentioned all my favorite foods in this post, haha.

    That picture of you and your nephew is adorable!

    Glad you had a great birthday long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!
    I work on my birthday this year, and I have class from 6-9 at night, so my birthday is going to suck. I would take it off, but the following week we're going to new york so I didn't want a random day the week before. oh well.

    i had a relaxing day on easter. i didn't leave my house once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, HAPPY Birthday!! Sounds like THE perfect "me" day, and that chocolate on chocolate cake looks awesome. I have been checking out that Polar watch, so you will have to keep us updated on that. I want to know how accurate it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Now that's what I call a great day off! Productive and relaxing! Glad you enjoyed your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a really nice birthday!!! You're right, working on your birthday SUCKS. I am a summer baby so up until about a year ago I have been used to having no school on that day! Now I gotta go to work....blah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know your birthday was yesterday! You share a birthday with someone very special to me...my cat! : ) It sounds like you had a great birthday weekend and day, jealous that you got to get a facial and a good workout in! Do you like the FT4 thing? I have been looking for something to track calories and I like the Nike Fuel Band but it's expensive. You look so pretty and so do your mom and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks so yummy. I worked on my birthday this year and it was not so bad since my coworkers took me out to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute! That whole weekend seriously sounds amazing. Ahh and your nephew is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like the perfect birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are gorgeous, Cece! Sounds like the perfect birthday! Glad you focused on you and not work...atta girl. I've always wanted to get a facial- lucky girl! Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had loads of fun. I want a piece of that cake, it looks delicious. You, your mom and sister look so alike.

    PS - I wonder if no one believed your parents when they called to announce your birth. They probably thought that it was an April fools :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. and that's one awesome April Fool's Day....happy happy belated birthday....you look amazing after a workout lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, I'm glad you had such an awesome birthday! Happy Belated! that's really what it is all about, doing what makes us happy on our special day.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.