Simple Valentine's Day Ideas

It's that time of year again.  Love it or hate it Valentine's day is around the corner so I thought I'd put together some simple low cost gift ideas for him.  My husband pretty much hates Valentine's Day but he acknowledges it for my sake.  We have fun with it, or maybe I should say I do, but we definitely keep it simple and inexpensive. 


I love this coupon idea.  It's simple, sweet and doesn't cost a lot of money.  You can make a personalized Valentine Coupon for anything you want at Treat.  Also, check out tinyprints for all kinds of really cute Valentine's cards or for any other occasion. Both are part of Shutterfly, the company I used to make my wedding album.

I found this cute little picnic set at World Market.  It might be too chilly to do this outside but who says a picnic has to be outdoors?  Your living room is perfect.  Just add champagne or wine and some candles and you're all set.  You could add to one that's already put together or make one up yourself.  It's something fun to enjoy together.


This one is perfect for the home brewer or just a guy that really likes beer.  Get him a 4 pack of personalized beer glasses at Red Envelope.

Or, you could just ignore the entire day altogether and save these gift ideas for a real holiday like your Anniversary or a Birthday.  Who needs a commercialized holiday to show love for your significant other when you already do that anyways?  I agree.  You don't, but I still think it's fun to do a little something anyways.
 
 photo SignaturececePink.png

15 comments

  1. eric and i are almost anti valentine's day. he's always had to work so it just never became a thing for us, plus restaurants are SUPER crowded that night. Last year we went out on the 13th and had a WONDERFUL time and everything was empty. It looks like we may actually get to spend it together this year, but I'm opting to stay home. I'll have the day off, so we've talked about going to a gym class together : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the personalized coupon idea a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't have a Valentine, so I admit that I hate the day. Ever since middle school I've hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these ideas and I also love V day! Anyday used to celebrate love is fine by me :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made Garrett a coupon book as one of his gifts for our first anniversary and he liked it! I think those are fun because you can customize them any way you want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really good ideas. My hubs also isn't a big fan. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Personalized, thoughtful gifts are always the best kind. My boyfriend and I are not HUGE Valentine's Day people either but we do acknowledge it without going over the top. Hope you have something fun planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually asked Will if we do gifts for V-day the other day. I truly couldn't remember, but was happy to find that we don't. I remember decorating and doing nice dinners, but that is good enough for me! I think we are doing a romantic dinner in with a fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love these! Such cute ideas (and much more unique than my usual gifts) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that coupon--thanks for sharing the links! And I'm all about the indoor picnic idea...too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great ideas - I especially love the picnic one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the picnic idea.
    B and I keep it pretty low key for V-Day. It's more special when it's a surprise, then a 'here's a ___ just because it's a holiday'. I still love to celebrate but we're not too fancy with it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.