A Very So Cal Thanksgiving

Well here we are closing in on Christmas, and really not much has changed in terms of the pandemic. I've settled into this new normal of working from home, going braless most days, living in athleisure wear, and limited outings. No plans to travel any time soon. California just went into Purple tier a few weeks ago meaning Covid cases are up. A curfew was imposed and I think we may be on the verge of another stay home order. 

Despite everything, I'm so so thankful that we got to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. They haven't been to California in two years, which is the longest time they've gone without a visit since they moved. The last time they were here, we had just moved into our new house. A lot of our neighborhood was still under construction. We still had unpacked boxes and no decor. I was so glad they could come and see how much everything has changed. Normally when they show up I'm at work, but since I'm working from home I was here when they drove up. In our family, we love movies. The weather was perfection, so we got to spend quite a bit of time outside during the day, and then we watched movies at night. We ended up with two really bad movies, but watched more really good ones. We even did a family dance, that my Dad learned on Youtube (yes, my dad!!) because we are goofy like that.

Dinner was a team effort, but most of the food was made by MJ, and second most by Mom. I've been experimenting with cooking a lot more lately than I have in a long time, and yet still, I'm terrible at it. I was responsible for the macaroni and cheese with parental supervision. I had one job, but somehow on Thanksgiving day, I forgot that I was cooking, and MJ is the one who ended up putting it into the oven and taking it out. Oops. Dinner was really good. We managed to cram everything into the fridge, and had plenty of left overs.
This year I'm thankful for a lot of things. I feel so fortunate to still be in a good position with my health, work, and finances despite everything going on. I can only hope that continues. I'm thankful that everyone in my family is safe and healthy. Unfortunately, my older sister did get covid. She did the right things to avoid it, but she works with the public, so she has increased exposure at her job. She spent Thanksgiving in quarantine, but thank goodness it was a relatively mild case. She had no respiratory issues, and is back at work this week. She also underwent major surgery in October. Let's just say, 2020 has been rough for her, but she is pulling through and feels very lucky to be alive and well right now.

Thanksgiving Vlog Here: YouTube

I did not catch MJ in a single picture. I think he likes it that way, but he makes a few minor appearances in the vlog. I've really been neglecting my blog lately. That's just kind of where I'm at right now. My blog has been doing some funky things with thumbnails featured in the "you might also like" section at the bottom of posts. It's functional, but I know it will drive me crazy if if it's not fixed, and the problem is that I don't know how to fix it! I need to try to re-load my blog design or get a new one if I can't make that work, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I post sporadically, but this blog is important to me, so I will continue to maintain it. I have not quit documenting altogether, it's just that lately when I do it's been on YouTube. I think it's a good thing because I'm pretty sure I would have never thought to make a video of our time together over Thanksgiving, and I already know how glad I will be to have it a year from now or ten years down the road to look back on. Journals, blogs, vlogs. Oh, how I treasure my precious memories. That will never change! So Thanksgiving is over, and on to Christmas. I'm not much for decorating, but we still need to get a tree.

2 comments

  1. I will have to watch your VLOG later when I'm off work! :) I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, despite all the COVID. I'm glad your sister is recovering. I hope you enjoy this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you got to see your parents for Thanksgiving, and I too have settled into the new normal of no bra each day. I don't know how I'll go back to regular clothes and having to get ready every day - ha!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.