Fall Down Go Boom


*Scene of the accident*
There I was yesterday at 5:03pm power walking down the hallway that leads to the office lobby at work and out the door.  When I got outside to the stairs something went wrong with the traction in my boots and my foot slipped out from under me.  It happened so fast.  One second I was taking a step down the stairs and the next I was forward cartwheeling down the hard concrete steps.  It took half a second for me to realize that this wasn't just a slip and fall on your butt kind of thing.  I actually pitched forward and the only thought I can remember having before it was over is, "Oh no, this isn't going to stop."  I couldn't tell you what actually happened but somehow I managed to hold onto my purse, lunch bag and keep my i phone clutched in my left hand.  No worries.  The i phone is fine.  Thanks to my hard case there is only a black dig in the corner that will always be a reminder of this hilarious incident.  And yes, it is funny so if you are laughing right now I understand that you are laughing with not at me.  If I can't laugh at myself I certainly wouldn't be posting this here for anyone to read laugh about.  Once my body stopped flailing down the stairs I brought myself to a sitting position for a minute and looked around to see if anyone actually saw what just went down.  Pun intended.  There was a gal sitting in her car parked in the 1st spot at the bottom of the steps but she was so into her phone I think she missed it.  Thank goodness.  But the kid in the back seat sure didn't.  I could see him craning his neck to take a look at me as I limped by after sitting there to compose myself.  Oh boy did my scraped up knee ever hurt on the way home.  I rolled up my jeans to prevent any blood transfer.  Gotta protect the Seven's.

"Hi...." I replied to Mj's hello as I walked in the front door.  "What's wrong with you?" he immediately said even before he saw me.  My pain was acutely obvious of course even in my voice because I'm such a wimp when it comes to stuff like this.  It was my night to make dinner so hurting or not the show must go on.  I covered up my knee and got to cooking.  After falling down the stairs I didn't exactly feel like stopping at the store to pick up broccoli so I omitted that from the recipe and got on with it.
Twice Baked Potatoes 
Dinner was delicious and Mj raved about that even if a couple hours earlier I was referred to as his "Clutso the Clown."  I redeemed myself.  Even as I type this now I have a little smile on my face and it turns into a giggle when I try to visualize how I must've looked.  Falling as an adult is so embarrassing, not to mention at work!  We've been walking way too long.  We are not supposed to fall and being so much higher from the ground makes it even more comical when we do.  Chances are I'm still going to rush out of work like a lightning bolt today especially because it's Friday and there is another warm sunny weekend that I can't wait to get started on.  I'm wearing my flat brown boots today instead of the heels and I'll just have to make sure I stay on my feet this time!

12 comments

  1. I honestly do not blame you, those stairs are intense. I've fallen down a few stairs in adulthood myself, no fun! Glad to hear you are okay! Dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I'm having uncontrollable laughter right now. I'm so sorry. I'm horrible when it comes to laughing when people fall or do similar things. I even have the habit of laughing THEN asking later if the person is ok. I know it's horrible but I'm working on it. I'm fallen quite a few times myself too. I'm glad you are ok now. You are such a trooper. And your dinner looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure it wont be the last time...i'm a horrible klutz...i walk into walls, trip, fall, etc often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you cooked after that! Your dinner looks so yummy and I'm sorry you fell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEK! I'm glad you and the i phone are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your phone is okay! Lol. During my sophomore year in college my long skirt caused me to fall... twice in one day... in front of EVERYONE!!! I threw that skirt in the trash the second I got home. I'd take your tumble over mines any day lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that dinner looks DEEEEELISH by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that your phone and Sevens are okay. Definitely must protect those things first! Knees will heal! :)

    I am such a clutz...I bang into things all the time. I don't even look twice at the bruises that line my arms and legs anymore...You are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your fall! I too fell this weekend, unfortunately. I was climbing out/stepping down from my bf's SUV. One minute I am standing upright and the next I am on my back with all of my belongings sprawled all around me on the ground. My bf said that I sort of fell in slow motion as he tried to get over to catch me in time. As soon as I hit the ground I started laughing hysterically! Luckily nothing is sprained or bruised, and I now know that Converse sneakers and ice don't mix!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "gotta protect the 7s" hahaha glad your OK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are such a trooper to cook after falling! dinner looks delish too!

    i fall down/up stairs twice a year. not sure why ... but if i noticed that i hadn't fallen, i would a few days later. i haven't fallen yet this year but i know it's coming. isn't that sad?

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww way to keep moving on even after a spill like that!!! Glad you are ok though! Left you something over at my place :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.