Gone Bananas

Adrienne Vittadini Jalya printed leopard flats [Source:  DSW]
I did a little shopping over the weekend.  Ok, well let me backtrack.  I actually bought these adorable leopard flats before my vacation when I actually wasn't even supposed to be shopping.  But you know how sometimes these things happen?  They are super comfortable.  I have no regrets about it now.  They are perfect and they are mine.  What's done is done.


                                                                                         Source: bananarepublic.gap.com via CeCe on Pinterest
                                                                                      Source: bananarepublic.gap.com via CeCe on Pinterest


                                                                                      Source: bananarepublic.gap.com via CeCe on Pinterest


Mj heard from a friend that Banana Republic was offering 50% off of regular priced items to veterans in honor of Veteran's Day.  He knew he had better tell me because if I found out later that I could have saved 50% off at Banana and he didn't bother to let me know I would have been mad.  Not that I ever shop there.  I'm more of Old Navy then Banana.  It's way too pricey but for 50% off of course I had to check it out.  I got the Merino V neck sweater in a brighter Red.  It's so soft and it looks really cute layered over the plaid top.  The plaid top is part of their Soft Wash collection of shirts.  What is soft wash?  According to the website:  Our Soft-Wash shirts undergo a delicate wash cycle for 60 minutes followed by an enzyme wash, giving the shirt a softer and more lived-in finish.  That enzyme wash must do the trick because it really is soft.  It feels so good on.  It's loose and casual but it still has somewhat of a structured fit so it doesn't feel too boxy.  When I was in high school we used to just call them flannels.  They were all the rage back then and now they are back like so many other things.  The sweater was originally $64.50 and the button up was $59.50 but I ended up paying $62 for both with the discount.  I would have never paid those original prices.  They both feel very expensive (because they are) and I like it!!  The V neck top was on clearance for $19.97.





                                       

                                                                                                                                               




                                                             Source: bananarepublic.gap.com via CeCe on Pinterest

I really wanted this denim chambray shirt as well but they didn't have it in my size.  I hate it when that happens.  I'm hoping Santa will bring it to me for Christmas.  If he happens to be reading this; XS please.   

7 comments

  1. I haven't gone shopping in such a long time. I love your finds, though! Especially the first two! That's awesome about the sales. I wouldn't have paid full price either, but it's definitely worth it when you can get both of them for less than the price of one. And I love the chambray shirt. Hopefully you'll get it for Christmas! I saw one at J.Crew that I loved, but there is no way I'm paying over $60 for it!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you found some great stuff! and the prices even better! that chambray shirt is perfection. i didn't want to spend a lot of money on mine but i liked it so much that i spent a little more that i would have liked. i just justified it by saying that chambray goes with everything, haha. i hope you get it for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your 50% off at Banana, MJ was smart to tell you! That is one of the places I never shop because it is so expensive! One of these days...lol. I love what you chose and that "soft wash" sounds so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the denim top, I've been looking for one for weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those shoes. I have similar ones (Sam Edelman) but I think I like yours better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had known about that sale! Dangit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those shoes! They are so cute. Glad you had some great finds at Banana. Wish we had one here in RR!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.