Pony Party. Make Up. Pink.

I confess that waking up in the morning is awful and never seems to get better.  I don't know what my problem is.  I'm normally in bed between 9-10pm.  I have problems getting to sleep so I usually pop a Unisom Sunday through Thursday night.  I still don't fall asleep right away but I sleep well.  When 6:22am rolls around I hit snooze a few times then drag myself out of bed and it sucks.  If I truly didn't get enough sleep the day drags but usually I'm okay by the time I get to work.  If I go to bed at 8pm I'm sure I won't fall asleep right away and that leaves me with just an hour at home before bed on gym days.


I confess that I went to my very first pony party a few weekends ago and had a really good time.  That's what happens when all your kids have friends.  It was at this really cute place called Feather Acres Farm & Nursery and they had an area where the hosts can set up snacks, drinks and the cake.  It's really a great (if expensive) kid birthday party idea.  Everyone had a good time.  His friends are awesome and always have adult beverages available even when the guest of honor is four. We  sipped on champagne and made the rounds petting bunnies and checking out chickens and cows.  We are too heavy for the ponies, but I fed a horse for the first time ever.  They are so beautiful.  I've never wanted a dog or a cat but now I want a horse!!
Disclaimer:  I still don't know how to "do" make up.  I realized that my eyeliner was unbalanced after I took the pic but before I left the house. 
I confess that I only wore make up twice this month.  One of those times was the full on shebang face that I did for my high school reunion and the other time was eye liner, mascara, blush and gloss.  I didn't think it was possible for me to care about make up any less then I did last year but I guess not.  Not quite sure what possessed me to do this.  I guess because it's such a rare event, but I took a before and after pic in my bathroom before the reunion.

I confess that my skin is a total disaster right now.  Obviously, it's not caused by make up.  About once a year my skin is a total mess for anywhere from 3-6 months with what I think is hormonal acne mostly around my jawline.  It started in my late twenties, sometimes skips a year or two and there is no pattern that I can find but when it strikes there is nothing I can do about it.  I learned that the first time around.  Nothing worked so now I just spot treat it with alcohol and wait it out.  When it's ready to go away it will.

I confess that I didn't realize that you could change watch batteries yourself.  I thought you had to take it to the watch people because that's what my mom has always done and that's what I did when I was still wearing watches.  The battery in my Polar heart rate monitor went low and was all frustrated because I needed it for Monday and now I would have to go to the kiosk at the mall on my lunch break to have them change it.  MJ looked at me like I was crazy.  "You don't have to go there.  Just do it yourself."  We popped the batteries out.  They are clearly labeled so finding the right size at the drug store was easy and the new ones popped back in.  How did I not know it was that easy?

I confess that I forgot to put on deodorant yesterday.  I realized it about half way through the day and made a little run out to my car for spare deodorant I keep there.  Good thing because I planned on going to the gym right after.  Hey, it happens.  I forgot socks too so had to work out with sweaty feet.


I confess that I've been terrified of the free weight section at the gym.  All those buff guys huffing and puffing in their tank tops are so intimidating.  I march in there with my pink and try to pretend I know what I'm doing.  I've been forcing myself to keep going back almost every day for the last two weeks and it's getting better.   Can you tell I love Pink?  I also have a pink lunch bag and water bottle for work.  Plus a bunch of other pink stuff I can't think of right now.

I confess that I blogged 10 times last month and that's the highest per month so far this year.  Half of it was vacation recaps.  As always, I don't worry myself about pumping out a bunch of posts.  I just want to keep on writing and enjoying this space.  I was in a bloggy rut just two weeks ago but I think it's passed.

Thanks for all of your sweet comments on my I finally finished my novel post.  I do plan on sharing more about it and an excerpt.  I still feel extremely nervous about opening up about it but I know I need to get more comfortable with that so stay tuned!!

Linking up with Leslie @A Blonde Ambition

9 comments

  1. I love horses and pet them every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 38 my skin is still not where I want it to be. I've sort of thrown in the towel...

    And I confess I've blogged less these past few months than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never where makeup either, unless it's a special occasion. It is just too much work otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a makeup person either. I just started wearing colored lipstick this year lol. I keep a spare emergency kit handy too just in case I forget any toiletry essentials. It's too hot in Houston to ever not have a spare deodorant handy...sigh. :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pony party?! This sounds magical!
    I forget my deodorant all the time, it's so embarrassing! I am fortunate I don't sweat a lot so it's never an issue, but I always prefer the days when I forget and don't remember at all than the ones where at mid day I realise I haven't. I always feel awkward for the rest of the day if I don't have any with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never heard of a pony party..interesting. And i am so with you on the free weight section...my workout partner and i attempted but we gave up and went to the ladies' section...the men were too intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so gorgeous, you don't even need make-up!
    I laughed when I saw the "pony party" title because we thought about doing that theme for Bear's 2nd birthday. But instead we're going with "Bear's Country Fair" so we can incorporate all animals :).
    I love that you love pink; I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous lady! You don't need make up, you look beautiful with out it. Looks like a fun time with the horses!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I love the fact that your alarm is set for 6:22AM! And I am so not a morning person either. 10AM is about the perfect time for me to get up, and even that is pushing it sometimes. A pony party!? That sounds like something I need to go to. I love horses, bunnies, even chickens! You look gorgeous in both pictures, with or without makeup. That's lucky! I didn't really know you could change watch batteries either, although it makes sense now that you say it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.