Charcuterie Anyone?



I wanted to share this adorable little charcuterie board we had made for us. Charcuterie. I just love that that word. And just in case you are wondering exactly what the word means and how it's pronounced: Charcuterie (pronounced "shahr-ku-tuh-ree") is the art of preparing and assembling cured meats and other meat products. It was Mj's idea to get one specially made. These types of ideas usually are. Anyway, MJ follows a guy on Instagram who does woodworking. Jay made him a really nice rack for him to hang on his wall displaying his medals. He liked it so much he wanted him to make something else.




I was just sort of like, eh, whatever and mostly divorced myself from the process as I often do when he wants to spend money on something I don't think we need. I gave my input on size and orientation, but he insisted it was exclusively my job to come up with some words to have engraved on it. I took to Pinterest and found this cute saying.


I wasn't all that excited before it showed up, but when it arrived I was so impressed! I had no idea it would be that gorgeous. Yes, I just used the word gorgeous to describe a Charcuterie board. I thought we would only be able to have the words on it, but turns out he can also laser print designs onto the board, which really boggled my mind. Somehow he programed this machine to burn out the design into the wood, which is pretty cool. I really love the idea that it was hand made by someone. It was fun to watch clips of him making it on Instagram. I saw him burning the design onto the board, but I still don't really understand how it all works. I love the two toned wood finish and it is so well made. He glued each of those individual pieces together side by side to make up the board. It's pretty enough to be hung up as kitchen wall art, which I would have considered if the orientation of the print had been vertical rather than landscape. Right now, we have it leaning up against our kitchen black splash, and I love seeing it there. We enjoy picnics, and now that we have an inhabitable backyard we've been able to do them at home without even having to go somewhere which has been awesome. It was really handy to have this good sized board to arrange our goodies, to make it pretty before we carry it outside and eat it all up.

Something like this would make a great gift. If anyone is interested in checking out any of his products, or having something personalized, his Etsy page is Mowder Woodwork. You can also find him here on Instagram.

1 comment

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.