Finally A Date Night!

I don't even think about how old I am anymore on my Birthday. Once I got to a certain age, it was just whatever. Half the time, I can't even remember how old I am anyway! I'm upping my skincare game, keeping fit, and keeping up with my medical appointments. That's really all I can do. I am another year older, and I definitely see hair dye in my near future, but I can't dwell on it. Birthdays are not about feeling old! It's about enjoying the day, however that might look for that particular year. When I've had to spend it alone I made the best of it, but I much prefer spending it with people I love. 

April 1 falls during a weird time when it's technically Spring, and it's definitely warmer, but hit and miss because winter is still trying to hang around. I can never be exactly sure what I'm going to get for weather. I don't think my Birthday weather has ever been better, and it was right on time. Last year we were about two weeks into the pandemic so doing anything outside the home wasn't even a thought, but this year we are one year into the pandemic and all I wanted to do more than ever was BE OUT. I'm a homebody and being at home a lot hasn't been that difficult for me, but even I can take only so much of being at home all the time. San Diego is beautiful and I really wanted to be out and about enjoying it.

We headed straight for the Embarcadero and it was beautiful. Brigantine restaurant is right on the water. We spent a few hours there eating a late lunch and admiring the view. It was a Thursday, so we even caught some happy hour prices. It felt amazing to be out like we used to. When eating out and going out for drinks was a normal part of our lives. After lunch we stopped at a bar for more drinks because we had a little bit of time before our next outing.
MJ surprised me with a flower delivery. It's funny because pre-covid it would have gone to the office, but this year it went straight to my "home office." He also surprised me with tickets to the Rooftop Cinema Club. I've been wanting to go since pre-covid, but never got around to it. We used to go the movies a lot, but we haven't been in a really looooong time, so it was the perfect thing for us to do. It's really beautiful up there, and they've got a really cute set up. They show mostly old movies, with some newer releases sprinkled in and they always sell out. We were there to see the original Nightmare On Elm Street, which was perfect because I love horror movies and this series was one of my favorites back in the day. I don't think I found anything all that funny about it when I saw it a million years ago, but now...it was kind of a comedy, and I totally forgot that Johnny Depp was in it. The acting was bad. The outfits were bad. There were rotary dial phones everywhere, and smoking in a hospital. It was so dated, but I loved revisiting an old classic, and you really can't beat the ambiance.

The next day I went shopping at some of my favorite stores and only spent about $6 because of gift cards and birthday coupons. I could not have asked for a better Birthday. I'm so grateful to all the people in my life who make me feel loved and special on this day. I am one lucky lady. It was so good being out like that together. Come to think of it, I think this is our first actual date date in over a year! I think we really needed it. Pre-pandemic we always had outings and vacations to break up day to day life and all of that just kind of went away. We took two mini trips together last year, and we've hung out with neighbors and a few close friends here and there, but other than that it's just been us at home. Yes, we do get on each other's nerves, but overall I think we've done pretty well with so much togetherness at home. I am not always easy to love, but he's so good to me, and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. I am looking forward to many more date nights. And perhaps another vacation some day!

6 comments

  1. I can't remember how old I am anymore either - ha! I have to really think about it. This sounds wonderful, what a great way to celebrate. And now I'm officially hunting down a rooftop cinema <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday! I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ameena-Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you found my blog again I miss yours! And you are a no reply commenter so I can't even reply to your comments so I don't know if you will ever see this. : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a blog! :) But I see your comment!!! YAY! How do I become a reply commenter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay!!! I think you have to choose share my email in your blogger profile. You don't have to make your profile public so nobody will actually see your profile and your email UNLESS you comment on a blog and then they would be able to hit reply and have an email address visible to reply to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I got it now!!! Thank you so much for your help Cece! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.