Some Post Vacation Confessions

I'm back!!  Did you miss me?  You don't have to answer that.  Thanks so much to Lauren and Janna for your great guest posts and everyone who read or commented on them.  Our vacation was amazing.  A lot did not go to plan but it truly was the European vacation that I've always dreamed of.  It was exciting, fun, beautiful, confusing and so much more.  I can't wait to blog about it and share all of my pictures.  In the meantime, here are some confessions for my first post back.
Snapshot from Amsterdam
I confess that I was a nervous wreck the night before I left.  Something about packing and trying to tie up lose ends just really puts me on edge.  I worry about EVERYTHING and it makes preparing for a trip very stressful.  Once I step out the door I'm fine because by that time what's done is done and I can't do anything about it but until that moment I'm a HOT MESS.

I confess that because I screwed up it cost me $165 bucks in parking fees.  The plan was to park at Mj's job for free and take a cab to the airport.  Six weeks prior when Mj left he told me which one to bring but I forgot and it wasn't until the night before amidst all of my pre trip anxiety that I was texting him to try to remember which one to bring.  I grabbed the wrong parking badge so I couldn't get in the gate and had to use airport parking.  Now that was an expensive mistake I really didn't need right now.  I suck.
Link up with Leslie on Friday's @A Blonde Ambition

I confess that of all of my hours of research and planning for the trip maybe about 60% was useful and helpful.

I confess that I am not one of those freaks of nature who manages to lose weight while on vacation.  As expected I gained but I had so much fun doing it that I don't even care.

I confess that I didn't work out not once while I was gone.  There was one day that I could've and Mj did but I was just too dang tired to bother.  I did work out first thing this morning.  Too little too late but better late then never right?

I confess that I spent a crap ton of money.  It was really fun getting screwed over by the Euro to Dollar conversion that does not work in our favor.   I pulled out 160 Euro's from the ATM and it showed up as $208 USD at my bank.

I confess that I have the most horrible sense of direction on the face of the planet.  I already knew this but going to Europe truly magnified it times 10.  Were it not for Mj I might still be wandering around Paris right now trying to figure out how to get back to our hotel.

I confess that I really didn't miss having my phone all that much.  Okay maybe a little bit.  Most of our hotels had free wi-fi so I did manage to catch up on blogs, post a few things on Facebook and delete some junk mail with my i phone.  It was nice being free from the chains of technology.

I confess that I have a ton of shows to catch up on in my DVR which means many, many hours catching up on the couch.  I have 10 episodes of House Hunters among many others.  Hmm...maybe I really do watch way too much TV.

I confess that 10 cities in 15 days is exhausting!!!  We were vagabonds; always on the move from ship to plane to countless train rides and 4 different hotels but it was so much fun.

I confess that I feel like I don't even know where to start in terms of recaps.  It's kind of daunting just thinking of writing about 15 days of travel.  I guess I'll just start at the beginning and once I get started everything else will follow.

I confess that I wrote this entire blog post standing up while still wearing my sweaty gym clothes and waiting for over 600 vacation photos to load.  I didn't really plan on posting so soon but here it is.  Guess I just can't stay away.

I confess that it's 7:30 pm in Europe right now and I kinda wish I was still there.

12 comments

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip...parking issues at the airport aside.

    I wish I was in Europe too. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Europe amazing!? I literally can not wait to see your pictures! I'm ok with you doing 14 posts, a post for every single day! : ) I'm with you on the horrible sense of direction and I, too, have been lost in Europe, searching for my hotel. It's scary! Glad to hear that you had a great time! Take a few days to relax and then I expect some pictures!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Europe was completely amazing. I so wish I were still there. I've already started working on the re caps. Stay tuned!!

      Delete
  3. How fun!!! I'm so excited to see all the pictures! Welcome home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! can't wait to hear about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been so hard being at work again...but what can you do? Those recaps should be coming up soon.

      Delete
  5. I am SO glad that you are back! I would say break the trip into cities...That might help, but to be honest, I'd be okay if you broke it into days. I could deal with 14 days of European recap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see photos from your trip! So glad you had such an exciting time! :) That does suck about your car, though, but I'd say the trip to Europe was worth it! Ha!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the grand scheme of things Europe was worth it. I'm still a little sick over that expensive mistake but I'll get over it.

      Delete
  7. So excited to hear all about it...the conversion is insane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back!! I'm so excited for your recaps!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.