Since He's Been Gone

Throw Back Thursday:  Pics from
 Roaring 20's Holiday Party in January
Today is Thursday and not Friday like I wish it was but it's still a GREAT day because I'm finally getting my husband back.  I'm picking him up from the airport after work and I cannot wait to finally see him for real and not via FaceTime. 

Since he's been gone....

I am a major homebody.  I know this about myself but I'm not allowed to be as much of a homebody when MJ is around.  He's just the opposite.  We do things together and because I am in go mode I also do more things with others.  I did a few things but didn't make that much of an effort to get out especially towards the end.  I like being at home.  

Cooking has gone out the window even more so then it normally is.  I don't have to try to cook or feel guilty for not doing it.  I was actually impressed with myself because I did make Chicken Breast for the first three weeks.  It was boring but my grocery list never changed and it was easy.  After that I was over it.  As easy as it is to make chicken breast it's even easier to make Cheese Casadilla's so I've been eating that for the last two weeks.  I spiced it up this week by adding green onions.  I also made beans.  Just plain old fresh beans and I ate that with my casadilla's.  MJ looks down on my dinner.  I know he does.  So you are eating fat and carbs? Well, not exactly.  Cheese has a ton of protein and I weigh it.  1 oz per casadilla keeps the fat count reasonable and I use whole wheat tortillas.  BAM! Healthy cheap easy dinner and no dishes.

I go to bed earlier.  Some weekends I was tired but not really, really tired but I'd just go to bed because I was bored.  I wish that meant I was getting more sleep but lately I'm still waking up super early for no good reason.

My life becomes a lot more predictable and routine.  I eat the same things and do the same things every day.  This is just one reason why MJ is my better half.  He gets me out and about more then I'd be on my own and that's a good thing.

When I'm just there with myself I'm more likely to get productive with extra time.  I rarely clean house on Sunday's.  If it doesn't get done on Saturday it doesn't happen but one Sunday I was just sitting there so I cleaned the microwave and the stove top.  Then I watched some TV.  Then I decided to dust the floating shelves that are a pain in the butt because I have to take everything off and stand up on the counter tops to reach them all.  I usually do my writing in the mornings but there were a few nights that I was just sitting there so I got on my laptop and spent a few hours writing. 

I don't have to clean as often.  Things just don't get as messy when it's just me.  There is also a lot less laundry.

I dominate the Netflix Queue.  I put all my chick flicks and random movies at the top.  I like discovering new movies and sometimes that means no name independent or foreign films.  If there is an actor in it that I like or if the story line looks interesting I'm willing to give it a try.  A lot of them suck but I have found some hidden gems.  MJ is not interested in spending his Saturday night watching a movie that's probably going to suck so when he travels I get as many of those in as I can.
 
Does absence make the heart grow fonder or is it out of sight out of mind?  Our first separation in 2009 was the longest.  We had 7 months apart, 1 week together then 4 more months apart.  Eleven months!  I remember feeling happy but also nervous when it was time for him to come back.  What if he doesn't love me anymore?  What if things aren't the same?  I don't worry about that anymore.  We've done this so many times.  There is always an adjustment period when he leaves and then again when he comes back but in our case absence makes the heart grow fonder.  That's how it should be.

17 comments

  1. absence makes the heart grow fonder, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you get your hubby back today! Would love to hear your hidden gem finds from Netflix :-) You guys enjoy the beautiful weekend we're supposed to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super happy for you, I can only imagine how it must feel to be apart so long. But I'm sure the welcome home is always awesome, because absence does make the heart grow fonder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he's coming home! And yes, absence def. makes the heart grow fonder.

    OMG! Since Sean hasn't been home this week, I haven't cooked either. I am just making quesadillas as well! SO easy! I think it also has to do with the fact that I don't really know how to cook for one person. Sean eats a lot so when I cook for the both of us I know it's not going to waste.

    And the apartment is so clean right now! None of his stuff is around and I'm liking that, haha.

    But yeah, glad he's back! Love the pictures of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your husband is coming back. When hubby is away I miss him very much and the missing becomes greater and you have children because the children missing their father add onto your miss, I don't if I make sense. And he also miss us more

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was away for two months last year and I did miss him. I'm with you about the different way of eating and less laundry - and I have kids! It's a nice change, but no one wants it indefinitely.
    Enjoy your reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad he's home!!!

    This is a really sweet post. I can agree with a lot of what you said; there's definitely much less laundry without a guy around! I'm a routine person too, and it's always nice when you have someone bring you out of your shell and try new things.

    Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a quesadilla fan too. So excited for you that he's back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that absence makes the heart grow fonder when the relationship is built on a solid foundation the way yours sounds like it is. It sounds like you're finding ways to enjoy yourself during this stretch, which is awesome. You've always got to look on the bright side, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay that he's back home! I can be a bit of a homebody too so I can relate :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Betsey Johnson Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder, these pics are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the EXACT same way, except I go to bed later. I can also relate to the nervous feeling, but those nerves almost make it even more exciting when they still love us :) Glad you guys are reunited!!!! Hope y'all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. When the main person that you do most things with is not around it's strange what a void we might feel. At least you have loads of fun things and trips planned for when he is back, so totally worth the wait :) (obviously easier for me to say)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute pictures. you are one brave lady. the distance would kill me but then again less laundry and cleaning would be nice too. it definitely sounds like an adjustment period but it also sounds like you are able to get right back into the groove of things. HAVE A GREAT TIME WHEN HE RETURNS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such great pictures. you guys look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love being home and having the place to myself too! When I have even a day to myself I just soak it up. Not that I don't love spending time with Garrett, but I have always been that way. Glad MJ is home and that y'all get to spend some time together!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.