Things I Don't want to Face Right Now

That there are five out of seven days of the week that I kind of wish I didn't have to do.  I think you know which ones I'm talking about.  I have a problem with wishing days away when life is so precious.  We really do need to be grateful for every single one.

Some day I will have to buy another car.  I bought a Honda so I could drive the wheels off and that's what I intend to do.  I've had it for 5 years and it was used when I bought it.  I'd drive it for the rest of my life if I could but even Honda's don't last forever.  I love my cute little car so much and it loves me back.  Good gas mileage, low maintenance and no car payment.  My next car will probably be another Honda so I'll still have one....it's just the whole parting with cash thing that I hate to think about.

My MacBook is dying.  Like Honda's even Mac's don't last forever.  MJ bought it for me in late 2009.  He added new memory, replaced the battery and re installed the operating system (I think that's what he did) but it's still not acting right.  It shuts down randomly when I'm in Firefox, Safari or word.  Most recently I can't upload pics from iPhoto to blogger.  I'm basically a blogger without a laptop right now.  I never use it anymore because it's so annoying.  He's going to try one more last ditch effort to save it but after that.....it might be time to spend some more moolah.    

That my closet is officially stuffed to capacity and there was room to spare when we moved in 4 years ago.  I don't want to face this because it means that I've done a lot of shopping which means I've spent a lot of money which feels really really wasteful.  In retrospect I do feel that a lot of stuff I got was because I needed it.  As much as you need clothes when you already have some anyway.  I need to do a serious closet cleanse and get rid of stuff and keep my shopping to a minimum.  I have a REALLY hard time parting with clothes.  I need help!!!


That my husband wants another house.  He's got this idea in his head that he needs a yard when one of the things that we really liked about our house when we moved in is that it did not have one.  He has changed his mind about that; I have not.  He wants to spend weekends doing yard work.  I do not.  I really, really love our house.  It has everything we need, a few things we don't and it's going to be a tough act to follow.  It's not the biggest house or the fanciest house but I think it will be damn near impossible to find one I like as much with a price tag we can afford.  I also really hate moving.  Three words come to mind.  Expensive.  Stressful. Don't wanna.  Okay that's four.

That I will never be able to do my middle splits again.  I got the left side back with ease, the right side back with some pain, but the middle splits are as elusive as the carefree days of my teenage years right about now.  I will keep stretching and fighting the good fight as long as I'm physically able.

That some day I'm going to be really old and wrinkled all over.  Getting older can be a bummer sometimes but overall I've been okay with it because I honestly feel that my life and my overall mental health has only improved with age.  Plus, I don't look old yet.  At least I don't think so.  When I look in the mirror I still see a youthful face, a body that still mostly fights gravity and only a few grays here and there that I can pull out.  One day that will not be the case and it's kind of scary to think about what that will feel like.  Or maybe it's just so gradual that you don't really notice it all at once and by then you are ready so it's not that hard to accept?  That's what I'm hoping.

That some day I will lose someone I love.  It's only a passing thought once in a blue moon.  I keep it tucked away in a deep dark area of my brain in a place I choose not to access very often.  It's the kind of thing that is always there and yet you can't think about too often. 
 

21 comments

  1. ahhhh, this post made me nod my head and giggle too! That pic of you is beautiful. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know the feeling. Most of these are truths that make me want to stick my head in the sand too!
    - Rachel @ With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those five days of the week are the worst...I'm hoping to get to a place one day where I'm happy with what I do alll days of the week. I'm concerned about my macbook as well--I also got mine in 2009 (graduation gift!) and it has seen better days. I love macs, but they are expensive to replace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean - sometimes this puts you in a funk. But at least the best TWO days of the week is upon us...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you have some serious financial decisions to make (car and house!). My mac book is on the fritz and I am not looking forward to buying another one. Do you have a plato’s closet in your area? They buy back your gently used clothes. At least you’ll get something from them. Maybe there is a way to get creative with shelves or storage in your closet? I like to think women are like a fine wine- we get better with age. That being said, I swear by Lancome Benefit. I use their night cream and eye cream and have been extremely happy with the results. Death is scary. I find it best not to think about it. Cheer up, I hope your weekend goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've driven my Honda Civic for 13 years now! I am ready for an upgrade, to say the least haha- but probably just a nicer Honda! I hate when there are so many things weighing on my mind like this, I hope writing them out helped you process them a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally feel you, somethings in life we just dont want to face. But, I guess that's apart of being an adult. I can say this things do have a way of working themselves out. Last year I bought a house, a car (Honda) and started a new job all within a month of each other. Yes, it was stressful and the hubby and I were beyond stressed for a while but here we are almost a year later and things are pretty much going ok-I still have the house, car and job-ha!! So as hard as it may seem put your worries to back burner and just make smart choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me help you out a little bit :). Start with the closet, it will get easier from there.

    Then you can rest easy knowing that you're lucky in that at least MJ doesn't want a pool too! Dar insisted on a yard and a pool. I'd much rather live in a condo on the beach with no maintenance for what we pay for house with his wish list items, but such is life.

    One week I was moaning about having to replace our water heater to my boss and he put me in my place (which I needed) by saying that I should consider myself lucky to own a home and that even though it wasn't how I wanted to spend my money, that I could pay for the water heater and be ok.

    Still sucks, especially because it seems like when it rains, it pours doesn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to just focus on one thing at a time so I don't get overwhelmed by my thoughts. You're so gorgeous! But I agree start with cleaning the closet first :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you and I do feel your pain. Every time I seem to have a tiny bit of cash saved up, I end up raiding my piggy bank all over again. Sometimes, it seems like I can never get ahead because of something breaking down or needing to be repaired. Also, I am at the age that I can definitely see changes when I look in the mirror and sometimes it gets me down, but I try to remember one of my favorite quotes:

    Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many.

    Have a great weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah i hear you with a lot of these things too. we've both been wanting a new house but i'm dreading starting out, parting with money and the pain the butt of moving ugh. and i STILL can't do splits any which way - i've been trying for forever and it's just not happening ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel you with the clothes thing. I did a major clean a few months ago after I travelled and did some major shopping - there was just nowhere else for stuff to fit, so I packed the stuff up that a)hadn't been worn in over a year/never and
    b)the things I wondered why I bought in the first place; and have resolved not to buy any more because don't we ALL have enough clothes already?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel for you...I am stressed just reading your list..lol...I have the hardest time parting with clothes as well, even when they don't even fit me anymore. I am like well "it is such a nice shirt, dress, etc and I'll want it when I lose weight." It's ridiculous the amount of clothing I have and the worst part is I barely wear any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, I hear ya loud and clear about the closet situation!! This week mine is getting a MAJOR facelift!! It is out of control! #girlproblems

    ReplyDelete
  15. This kind of reminds me of your confession posts. It's always such a good read to read about true and personal feelings. The old and wrinkly one made me laugh because I think about that one too sometimes. At least we have time before we get there and you know what they say, black doesn't crack at least one can hope :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the hardest part about this crazy life of ours, there is always so much to overwhelm us, but only if we let it!
    I am the first and the worst to chalk up all the things that could go wrong in my day, but it only puts us in the mindset that things WILL go wrong. Stay positive sweet girl, and all these things will slide right off of your back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are unbelievably young and look fabulous. I, on the other hand, have gray hair and wrinkles, and my knee is barely hanging in there.

    I don't want to face aging but it seems inevitable. The plus side? I have a bit more money to spend on clothes than when I was younger and less wrinkled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you don't look old AT ALL.
    I have a honda and love it, but will have to get a new car when we have a kid. I regret so much buying a two-door bc otherwise I would still be abel to keep my car! I wouldn't even consider buying a new car bc we wouldn't need one.. i will put that off for as long as possible

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and I think so much alike on stuff like this that it's scary...sometimes you are in my brain! Haha. We have such great hubby's, good lives, and awesome family that we shouldn't worry, but we still do. I guess that's what makes us, us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We think alike on so many levels - it's crazy! Just had to buy a new car to make room for baby and I was very sad to say goodbye to my honda and gain a hefty car payment. Oye. Now that I'm not going to be working the money stress is surely going to take over my life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love my honda civic that i've had since 1998. best car ever!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.