You Either Got It or You Don't

My first thought.  Wow. Just wow. The kid's hair is wild and she's so young that she doesn't even have all of her teeth but if I weren't looking at her I'd think she was a 30-40 something singing in some fancy Jazz club in New York city.  This is a perfect example of someone who is literally born to do something.  I'm not saying that she doesn't have to practice or that she won't have to work hard at it but at that age or any age you don't sound this way unless you were gifted with a talent.

My second thought is why not me?  I love Karaoke but I can't sing to save my life and I'm certain that even if I worked at it 8 hours a day 5 days a week I would never sound even close to this.  I don't have to be a singer, it just  would have been nice to have been born with some natural talent besides being the only one in the room that will notice a spider or maintain muscle tone even if I don't work out.  Seriously.  I thought really hard-those are the only things I could think of and they aren't even talents!!  Am I really jealous of an 8 year old?

You either got it or you don't and Angelina Jordan REALLY has it.  She's adorable.  The rat nest hair could be her signature look, she'll eventually have all of her teeth and hopefully she is off to a great career doing something she is not only uniquely talented at but that she enjoys.  Basically living the dream.

  

8 comments

  1. Everyone in my family can sing, but some how being able to sing wasn't passed down to me. My mom could sing/sang, but as my sister likes to point out, I can't hold a note in a bucket. Oh well, I was given other talents, but it doesn't stop me from trying...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! I love your commentary about her teeth and the rat's nest hair! That was hilarious!
    As for me...my talent, falling. 'Nuff said!

    Andie's Traveling Pants

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok WOW. She kind of reminds me of a less aggressive sounding Amy Winehouse, maybe in a few years she will sound more that way too. Either way, HUGE talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut the front door! She's definitely got it. Just wow. I'm still waiting for my talent to surface at 34. It's bound to soon right? Cricket, cricket.

    Hope you're well. I've been living under a rock lately, so sorry for the piss poor communication :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard this girl before. She is a mix of Ella Fitzgerald, Amy Winehouse, Nora Jones and somebody else I'm missing. Her phrasing and emotion belongs to someone way older than she is. If she sounds like this now, what's she going to sound like when she's experienced more of life and maybe had some heartbreak in between?
    She's definitely a re-incarnation of somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOAH! That's crazy! That child can sing! I think it is so strange (and awesome) when a little kid has a grown up voice like that. And I'm with you...I wish like hell that I had some kind of talent. Anything at all would be nice. Hey, maintaining muscle tone without working out is a pretty good one to have! Just saying' ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! That girl has some soul...I don't even know if she understands the words, but she sings it like she's lived it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.