One Day Until My Wedding

Everyone has gone to Old Town today.  Mj's mom and two aunts.  I was supposed to go but decided it would be best for me not to.  I am not stressed.  I am only feeling a little bit anxious and I would like to keep it that way.  Spending the entire day on an outing and then heading straight to my rehearsal then dinner afterwards and not getting home until after 9 pm on the eve of my wedding is certain to send me into a tailspin of all kinds of freaking out which I would prefer to avoid.

We spent a really fun day in Julian yesterday.  We went out there to chase the sun since it seems unwilling to make an appearance where we live.  After we came home those lovely ladies were nice enough to help me put together and stuff my favor boxes.  I had to make a run out to Party City to buy more candy after realizing those tiny little boxes were just a bit more roomy then I originally thought.  Thank goodness they had five bags of pink wrapped mint candies I was looking for.  They waited up with me while I wrote out my place cards and I should have went to bed when they did but I didn't.  Just too much on my mind.

I've stayed home so I can focus and be prepared for the rehearsal and the wedding day.  I need to be close to home near my wedding folder and my lap top so I can finalize any last minute details that might pop up.  We decided to switch rooms and my wedding coordinator still has not gotten back to me regarding the room set up so I can finalize my seating chart and write the table numbers on my place cards.  I am normally not overly impatient but I can't wait 3 days for a response this time around because otherwise I won't get an answer until Sunday.  After my wedding.

Mj can't seem to understand why I couldn't just go with them.  He went out with his buddies last night and I didn't even want a bachelorette party at all.  I would be too distracted to enjoy myself and I am so OVER going out.  I just don't have the energy for it.  Maybe if the only thing I had to worry about was getting myself, a tux and our flowers to the hotel maybe I could.  I'm in charge of knowing who to pay and how much.  I have to make sure the CD's are burned and all the centerpiece parts are at hand.  I'm in charge of making sure that all of the details are taken care of.  I know myself and I know my personality.  I can't be rushed.  I have way too many thing to pack, organize, and finish up to be spending a day hanging out.

Bridal Party Gifts

I picked out some great flat silver sandals at Macy's and my Bridal Party gifts Monday.  Each bridesmaid gets Pink by VS body splash, a pair of cute undies and the black pin on flower for their dresses.  The two girls who are traveling by plane and can't carry on too many liquids got a smaller travel size body splash and a lip gloss.  It all goes with my PINK theme.  I got my mani/pedi done this morning and I'll be getting my hair done bright and early at 8:00 am tomorrow.  I've been going over time lines, ceremony format, burning music CD's and working on my vows.  I've put aside some of the things I need for tonight and tomorrow.  In a few minutes I will start getting dressed and ready for my rehearsal which starts at 5:30 pm.   Too bad I have no idea what to wear.

I can't control if the sun shines and so many other things but I can control myself.  At least I hope so!  I am determined to remain calm, cool and collected.  My wedding is TOMORROW.  Deep breath.  And I plan to enjoy it!

10 comments

  1. Yay! Congratulations and have a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo exciting! have an absolute blast tomorrow! take it all and enjoy every moment. remember that not everything is going to go perfect ... accept that and you will be the happiest bride! can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe, have such a wonderful time! I'm sure you will be just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooohhhh, i'm so excited for you and can't wait to see and hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you day is everything you wished for and so much more. You will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it too late to delegate those tasks for your wedding day? If not, I get it.

    Anyhoo, you're getting married today and that's awesome! Have fun, smile, dance, hug lots of folks...be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope today is the best day of your life! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know your day will be wonderful! Congratulations. It has been wonderful reading your journey to your special day. Your happiness radiates in each post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just remembered that you were getting married this weekend...and by now you're already a Mrs! Congratulations on your wedding! Enjoy your new hubby and honeymoon. Don't forget to keep us updated on how things went on the big day and please post tons of pictures once things settle down a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for all of your well wishes. We did it!! It was great. Updates and pics to follow!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.