Our Wedding Rocked [Part IV]

I was never that little girl who dreamed of having a wedding. I never had visions of where I wanted it or what dress I would wear. Not that I didn't want one. I think I mostly just believed it was something I could never have. For me it was something that other people get to do. Not something I would never be able to afford or ever be lucky enough to have for myself.

I was so blase about it at the beginning. Is it worth the money? Do we really need to do all of this? We are buying a house this year-can we really justify it?  Now that I have done it I completely understand what all of the fuss is about and I am so glad I didn't miss out. It is worth every penny. This amazing night was truly priceless and I am thrilled that I will always have this precious memory of celebrating our marriage with friends and family.  I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life.  There is something about that pristine white dress.  Something about celebrating love and the combining of two people that brings out this incredible outpouring of emotion and joy.  There is nothing like it.  There is so much planning and effort involved yet it goes by in a flash. All of these people are there with you in this special moment and then in the blink of an eye they are gone. There are so many precious memories to treasure.  I can honestly say it was easily one of the best days of my life.  And when you think about it that's really how it should be-that's why us brides do this at all.  It's more then just a party and more then a wedding to me.  It's a feeling.  It is a momentous moment and it is absolutely magical.

We packed up the centerpiece parts and gathered up our belongings.  The gifts were packed into the car.  We said our final good byes to the last group of people.  For a moment I feel relief that all the planning and meetings and weekends consumed by wedding details are over. But another part of me is saying, "I want to do it again!!" Planning could be stressful at times and time consuming but the whole experience from the day of setting up blur, walking down the aisle, and our first dance was just that wonderful.  Just that amazing and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  Not even the cake mistake can spoil it for me and I am really proud of the end result.  It feels like a great accomplishment and the culmination of everything that we've been working towards for the last 7 months.


I am savoring my last moments as a princess.  Tired but wired all at the same time.  Oh what a long yet short, exhilarating yet exhausting day it's been.  I am drunk off of happiness, joy, and more then a little bit of wine.  





We were much too tired for champagne and strawberries that night.  We had other priorities.  Can you really say that you consummated your marriage when the consummating portion has already taken place....before the wedding?  Well, regardless of the technicalities as exhausted as we were there was consummating and we drifted off happily into a deep sleep with our arms wrapped tightly around each other. 
The perfect end to a perfect day.  I got my prince charming and a beautiful wedding to go along with him. 

Today was a fairy tale.

9 comments

  1. That was very pretty and I was smiling reading it, because I felt (feel) the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had your fairy tale. Congratulations on a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this makes me so happy that we're having a reception and pseudo-ceremony. You wrote it so well that and I feel so happy for you. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness you looked gorgeous! glad your wedding rocked :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! You are such a gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been catching up on your wedding recap posts and my gosh you are one of the most beautiful brides ever. Your smile is just so genuine and pretty!

    Your wedding definitely rocked. Now have fun spending all the money and gift cards!! That was my favorite thing of all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. there really is something about wearing that white dress and feeling like the most beautiful person in the world. all the stress is completely worth it when that day comes!

    you looked absolutely gorgeous. you looked so happy and excited! congrats MRS! can't wait to see your pro-pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! I haven't been on the blosphere for a minute now and what do I see when i get back? You as a beautiful bride! Congrats on becoming a Mrs. You looked amazing and great recaps!
    congrats again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ms Chouette! Good to see you around the blog world again!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.