Dinner and a Casting

Last month one night before bed Mj handed me his i Phone and told me to check something out.  Fresh off the indignation of having Valentine's Day thrust upon him yet again he stumbled upon something called Steak & Knobber day.  If you have a curious mind and wanna google it go ahead; I dare you.   It's basically the little known male version of Valentine's Day except in typical male fashion the expectations are very specific.  It doesn't quite have the er, commercial potential of Valentine's Day so it won't ever be as popular as V Day but I guess I don't blame the guys for wanting "their" day with their little man spin on it since women seem to be the V Day focus.  He didn't ask me if I'd go along with it but I took it as a hint that he bothered to show it to me at all and since he indulges me on V Day I decided to return the favor.  
Mac & Cheese with Crumbled Bacon on top
Like Valentine's Day Steak & Knobber day fell on a not so date night friendly Tuesday so Friday night downtown would have to do.  I gave him five places to choose from and he chose the most expensive one of course.  Greystone The Steakhouse only made the list of options because I managed to turn some airline miles into a $25 restaurant gift card.  He ordered Steak with Crab on top and I ordered a side salad and a side of Macaroni and Cheese.  I have never ordered Mac & Cheese at a restaurant because next to Fettuccine Alfredo which is also on my do not order list I can't think of any other pasta that is more fat and calorie ridden.  I was craving it for some odd reason and they had it so I splurged.  It was so delicious.  It's comfort food after all so it totally eased the discomfort of paying $11 on for a glass of Wine.  Hold up.  Now that I think about it...how is it that my Mac & Cheese was just $1 more and my side salad was actually $1 less then wine? Oh well. 


After dinner we walked about a block to our casting.  I don't model anymore.  Castings and shoots are during the weekday and it was getting too hard to juggle them with work.  I technically do still have an agent and every now and then she'll send me a casting-which I usually can't make.  This time it was a print add for Microsoft.  They were looking for people between the ages of 25-45 and models were encouraged to bring their significant other.  How could I pass up a casting that was happening from 6-10pm down the street from a restaurant we were already planning to go to?  Well, this never happens so obviously I can't.  The timing was just too perfect and the fact that we could do it together was a bonus.  It was a typical casting.  Fill out your information sheet, wait your turn and smile for the camera.  This time they asked us to make a crazy face for the last shot.   Why?  I don't know but it's not even the weirdest thing I've ever been asked to do on a casting.  I thought it was so cute to see him standing there with his number and smiling for the camera.   Awww....his first casting.  It was at this really cool new Gelato Cafe/Bakery/Bar/Restaurant called Cremolose that I'd never even heard of before.  Of course we got some Gelato on the way out and ate it at the bar.

I already explained to him that since I referred him that makes me his manager so if he gets booked for the job I get a 10% cut.   As for the Knobber part of Steak & Knobber Day...well, I'll leave it to you to decide if I delivered on that one.

10 comments

  1. That mac and cheese looks way too good! Was it as good as it looks?!

    I have never heard of Steak and Knobbler day but with my very curious significant other, I am pretty sure he will find out about it. And I will pretend as if I had never heard of it because he will milk it!

    That was a cool date! I'm slightly jealous at the fact that it was so cool! I hope to have an opportunity to do something like that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool and fun date. That's really neat that you were both able to participate in the casting. Hope you guys get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all had a great date night! The Steak & Knobber day sounds interesting-ha! I've never heard of that and without looking it up I'm sure a guy came up with this "DAY". Too funny nontheless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...I'm sure my hubs would be all for Steak and Knobber Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A man's night! That is awesome! Looks like a great night and I love that you did the casting together!! Hope one of you gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about Steak and Knobber day! That is too funny...I totally think you obliged on the knobber part ;) Simply because it's so crazy to talk about that it's comical! Don't worry, I DON'T need any details, if so. Haha. I hope y'all get the part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you say macaroni and cheese with bacon? OMG yum. Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad to have found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are SUCH a good looking couple! Holy moly - you should model! I remember the guys talking about this day in college and I remember laughing at them! That mac does look incredible - I am STARVING now.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being part of my blog.